rdx home theater to cerwin vega re series help! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : rdx home theater to cerwin vega re series help!

prettymuchgf
01-16-2010, 07:45 PM
can you help??? im trying to hoook up a set of cerwin-vega re series standing floor speakers to my rdx 5.1 home theater system. for some reason, when i play music on the radio the two cerwin vegas work, and nothing else, and the mode is on surround not straight. but when i try playing music through an mp3 device or my computer, run through a headphone cord, only one speaker will work. does my reciever not put out enough wattage? i am also using some pretty cheesey speaker wires will that matter? any comments would help me immensly. [

Mr Peabody
01-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I suspect even though you have the RDX set to surround it will only play FM stereo. Your FM tuner is only stereo and your unit may not allow for a conversion to surround or just didn't make the provision for the tuner to pass through the processor. If the manual says it does then there has to be a setting wrong.

What type of ends are on the cable you are using to connect mp3 to RDX? The end to the mp3 player will need to be a STEREO mini plug. They do have mono, so be sure yours is stereo. If the RDX end is RCA you should have two, one for each channel. If the RDX has a special mini plug input, again make sure they are stereo plugs. I don't remember how many rings are around the end of the plug for stereo. If you aren't sure you may have to compare yours to one in a store that specivically says stereo mini plug, also sometimes called a 1/8" inch mini.

If this isn't the issue double check your speaker connections that center speaker terminal goes to the center speaker etc.

If nothing like above then there's always reading the manual. Many a bald spots have been created by over looking that sentence or two that addresses your issue. :)

harley .guy07
01-17-2010, 12:48 AM
You and me are one in the same Mr. Peabody. You are always about helping people that are having problems with their audio. The thing that impresses me about you is that you have a bad ass system worth a lot of money and you still take time to help people that don't have the system you have and you don't down them for their equipment that is not up to the scale of your own system. That is very cool in my book. Humble is a very cool thing to be in today' s day and age.

IRG
01-17-2010, 05:03 AM
You and me are one in the same Mr. Peabody. You are always about helping people that are having problems with their audio. The thing that impresses me about you is that you have a bad ass system worth a lot of money and you still take time to help people that don't have the system you have and you don't down them for their equipment that is not up to the scale of your own system. That is very cool in my book. Humble is a very cool thing to be in today' s day and age.

I have noticed the same thing, and it is indeed cool:3:

Mr Peabody
01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks