Derringer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Derringer

MasterCylinder
01-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Watching those cool old videos in the other thread...............the FRAKENSTEIN - Edgar Winter vid was especially reminding me that I once saw Rick Derringer in a power trio in a small club and it was easily one of the best nights of music I have ever witnessed..........and I've definitely seen my fair share...........it simply was one of those rare nights when the band felt like playing and the crowd was totally supportive..........from that foundation, the music just grew............very good.

Mr Peabody
01-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I've got a bit of Derringer in my collection. It's funny to me to hear Hang On Sloopy and then think this same guy is Rock n Roll Hoochie Coo :) Sort of the same with Manfred Mann with Do Wha Ditty to Blinded By The Light.

MasterCylinder
01-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Agreed.................Hang on Sloopy was his encore.............it was played a bit harder than the recording............awesome.

Mr Peabody
01-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Around 1980 or so he had a big song in our area with Don't Ever Say Goodbye, a ballad.

BarryL
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I remember seeing Derringer at one of the first really big outdoor festival concerts held in Toronto probably around 1977. Also, Henry Gross - with his big hit Shannon. Aerosmith was the headliner. I'm sure there was one other act that escapes me right now. It was so long ago that I have no specific recollection, except that Steve Tyler faced the back of the stage through the whole set, barely facing the audience. Touring the Rocks album at the time, so I'm sure he was strung out nicely.

Mr Peabody
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
At least young S Tyler could keep on the stage then :)