Np: [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Np:

Slosh
01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
So far so good.

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Is that new? I just found out that they're coming to town in March. Now I have to decide if I'm too old for a Monday night club show.

...probably. :(

Swish
01-14-2010, 05:29 AM
It shall me mine one day soon.

3LB
01-14-2010, 06:17 AM
oh yea!

Mr MidFi
01-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Auto-buy for me. Only question now is what else to get at the store on Tuesday.

Stone
01-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Auto-buy for me. Only question now is what else to get at the store on Tuesday.

http://cantstopthenoize.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/charlotte.jpg

Mr MidFi
01-14-2010, 08:34 AM
If I see Charlotte at the store, I will definitely offer to bring her home with me.

Davey
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Only $7.99 preorder at amazon... if I could come up with another $17.01 to get the free shipping I'd do it. Any suggestions? Love that cover, but had no idea where from. Almost like a scene from Harold and Maude. Turns out the time is about right... 1970 photo by Bill Eggleston.

Been listening to the new Shearwater, very nice, though doesn't seem much different from Rook, and kinda just is there. It does bring in some new sounds, but not any knockouts, not yet. Seems like really nice production, but just something not quite there. Maybe missing some of the grandeur, I don't know yet. Wanna love it, though. Maybe it needs the book.

Hey Slosh, just saw this... must be getting close... hey Jonas Cole, you out there anywhere? Is it really gonna get released? Finally? Sure hope so!

Feb 27 2010 8:00P
The Hellsayers "All You Need to Sleep" album release party Grey Eagle
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina

My NP is a very predictable Davey spin, Bloomed by Richard Buckner. If this guy had been around at the time of the likes of Jackson Brown, and all that lightweight crew of singer songwriter James Taylor types, I wonder if the world would be any different? Would he have slipped by unsung and unoticed until 25 years down the line, dead and forgotten, but then resurrected by a VW advertisement?

I'd go home with Charlotte too. Maybe not to Mr. MidFi's house, but still, maybe even then.

Mr MidFi
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I'd go home with Charlotte too. Maybe not to Mr. MidFi's house, but still, maybe even then.

Bring a towel. Please.

Davey
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Bring a towel. Please.

Cool, Toga Party, eh? Now you're talking! Maybe a Rave Recs road trip next?

Slosh
01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey Slosh, just saw this... must be getting close... hey Jonas Cole, you out there anywhere? Is it really gonna get released? Finally? Sure hope so!

Feb 27 2010 8:00P
The Hellsayers "All You Need to Sleep" album release party Grey Eagle
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina
Nowhere to pre-order this yet? Google didn't turn up a store and nothing on Goodluck Cricket even.

Mr MidFi
01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Cool, Toga Party, eh? Now you're talking! Maybe a Rave Recs road trip next?

C'mon over, man. I'm about a mile away from the world's second-largest atom-smasher. Can't miss it.

jonnyhambone
01-16-2010, 02:58 PM
just picked up the new Owen Pallett - Heartland and am pretty impressed so far. He's aka Final Fantasy and has a vaguely Andrew Bird thing going on but more orchestral and makes me think of Arthur Russell too. Lots of space between the sounds, odd arrangements but very pop at its core. The vinyl is a sweet package too...45rpm double lp with cool image on nice card stock. He's also the dude who does string arrangements for Arcade Fire and recent Pet Shop Boys.

anxiously awaiting 2 big Feb. releases -
new Shearwater (order from the label site (http://www.matadorrecords.com/matablog/2009/12/02/shearwater-first-mp3-from-the-golden-archipelago-preorder-dossier-tour-dates/) and the lp will come with the booklet that the cd will be released with) and
Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me (!)

Slosh
01-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Broken Bells is great. If you haven't heard about this it's a James Mercer and Danger Mouse collaboration due out in March. If The Notwist and The Shins merged it probably would sound a lot like this. I'm sure this will end up in my top ten of 2010.

Mr MidFi
01-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Still haven't got it. But after a few listens, the guy at the WaPo likes it plenty...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/18/AR2010011803611.html