Jay Reatard. DEAD. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jay Reatard. DEAD.

Finch Platte
01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jan/13/memphis-musician-jay-reatard-found-dead-midtown-ho/

Memphis musician Jimmy Jay Lindsey Jr., better known as Jay Reatard, was found dead in his Midtown home this morning, according to family and friends.

Memphis police have opened a death investigation, spokesman Jennifer Robinson said. Lindsey was found around 3:30 a.m. in his bed, Robinson said.

"Yeah, it’s true," said Alicja Trout, a friend and former bandmate. "I don’t know much about it yet, because I haven’t been able to get in touch with the police."

Added Eric Friedl of Goner Records: "Yeah. He was found at his house. That’s all I know right now."

On the Web site of Goner Records, the following statement was posted this afternoon: "It is with great sadness that we report the passing of our good friend Jay Reatard. Jay died in his sleep last night. We will pass along information about funeral arrangements when they are made public."

Lindsey emerged on the Memphis music scene as the leader of late-'90s punk outfit The Reatards. More recently, he had risen to international prominence in indie-rock circles on the strength of his recent solo releases. After a string of hot-selling singles on New York-based indie label Matador Records, he released the full-length album Watch Me Fall on Matador last August.

Rae
01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Whoa.

~Rae