~$1000 FS Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ~$1000 FS Speakers

pdt
01-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm current having the Vandersteen 1C speakers and thinking about getting a new pair of floor standing speakers. I've been away from keeping stereo equipments for years. Can you suggest me a list of speakers in this price range (1000-1200) that I can look into?

mlsstl
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
What do the Vandersteens do (or not do) that needs to change?

Tough to offer suggestions without knowing how you'd like things to improve.

Poultrygeist
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Check out the reviews of the Hornshoppe Horns which are $850 shipped. Read what Art Dudley had to say in Stereo Review.

I call them a "terminal speaker" in that once you hear them you'll know the search is over.

blackraven
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
What amp and cd player do you have and what type of music do you like? What is the size of your listening area? Will they be for 2ch and Hometheater and music?

atomicAdam
01-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Check out the reviews of the Hornshoppe Horns which are $850 shipped. Read what Art Dudley had to say in Stereo Review.

I call them a "terminal speaker" in that once you hear them you'll know the search is over.

Those seem interesting, but use a sub - which....well - just doesn't work as well as speakers that give some thumb from their location. Bass is directional after all. But, still seem interesting.

You can post a link to Art's review?