Any recommendations for good, cheap RCA cables? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for good, cheap RCA cables?

kexodusc
03-29-2004, 06:48 AM
I know many vouch for the Radio Shack "Gold" cables. I'm looking for 2 sets of 3-foot RCA left and right cables. Our local Radio Shacks leave something to be desired, and didn't have them in, so I have to order from them. Since I can't see them, does anyone know the specific model name or number (if applicable?).

Any decent on-line places to go? Thanks.

okiemax
03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
I know many vouch for the Radio Shack "Gold" cables. I'm looking for 2 sets of 3-foot RCA left and right cables. Our local Radio Shacks leave something to be desired, and didn't have them in, so I have to order from them. Since I can't see them, does anyone know the specific model name or number (if applicable?).

Any decent on-line places to go? Thanks.

I believe Radio Shack"s Gold interconnect is only available in a minimum length of 6ft (Catalog # 15-2421) which retails for $13.49. Their 3ft patch (Catalog# 15-2401) is $8.99. I recently bought a Gold and think it's OK -- the connectors are better than those on the old version, which fit too tight. I have never tried the patch cables.

You can order by phone from Radio Shack at 1-800-843-7422. As an alternative, you might see what your local Walmart offers. Depending on your equipment and how particular you are about sound, you may notice no difference between interconnects from Radio Shack, Walmart, or any other source.

markw
03-29-2004, 02:16 PM
If you're not in a rush, you might also wnat to check out parts suppliers such as http://www.partsexpress.com. Also, I've never had problems with AR cables although I would now explore that site just mentioned and figure in local taxes vs. shipping when comparing prices.

bturk667
03-29-2004, 07:02 PM
For cheap cables I like AR.

manek
03-31-2004, 05:09 AM
vivanco..of germany......they have it all.

jackz4000
03-31-2004, 08:10 AM
I recently got a bunch of AR Pro Series II gold rca cables on Ebay for $4.50 each, new, shipping included. Specifically, the HT130, HT131, and HT132, 3 ft, 6 ft, and 12 ft lenghts. They seem to be a well made cable. Not much else to say except they do the job just fine.