-.-! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : -.-!

03-28-2004, 09:55 PM
CT! from CarReview wrote:

Gah! My heart.......

Actually, the author lost me here:
"While I have always loved the tube/vinyl "sound."

I absolutely cannot stand the "vinyl" sound. Even in this day, where I actively use BBE processing and turn up my bass a bit to get some more thump out of the system. Yes, its true...back in the day I was a purist when it came to what my system was reproducing...but ya know what? That sh!t is boring. The music always sounded so anemic in the car. Or due to the acoustic response, could also sound quirky on most mainstream selections. But...it sounded fan-fookn-tastic on test CD's and the like it was tuned to. But hell if I listen to that sh!t on a daily basis. So, when I gave up that "lifestyle" and decided to tune how it best sounded to me...not some judge I never will talk to again, I lost a big part of that stress that the self proclaimed audiophile lives with on a daily basis.

I don't care how it should sound like. I care how it sounds to me. If some dude likes the squeaks and pops of a vinyl record...more power to him. If he thinks his $3k tube amp sounds better, great! Let him buy it. I'll even accept, at this point, that its sonically superior. Not that it can be proven, but I simply don't care that he feels that way. Why? Because I don't have the damn amp, I'm not going to buy the damn amp and I'm happy with the sh!t I have now. I don't need some anonymous audiophile telling me I'm missing out with brand B when I should be using brand A.

F him and his fat wallet.

/end of quote

Hearing this from a forum moderator is a disgrace.
I hope the guy sees this.
NO! its not supposed to sound like squeaks and pops!
I think maybe your gear got PROBLEMS.
This guy got some major biases goin on. NO, not all tube amps got flabby bass.

Sorry for the flame. I was too lazy to make a carreview.com login
hehe

Sondek
03-28-2004, 10:58 PM
CT! from CarReview wrote:

Gah! My heart.......

Actually, the author lost me here:
"While I have always loved the tube/vinyl "sound."

I absolutely cannot stand the "vinyl" sound. Even in this day, where I actively use BBE processing and turn up my bass a bit to get some more thump out of the system. Yes, its true...back in the day I was a purist when it came to what my system was reproducing...but ya know what? That sh!t is boring. The music always sounded so anemic in the car. Or due to the acoustic response, could also sound quirky on most mainstream selections. But...it sounded fan-fookn-tastic on test CD's and the like it was tuned to. But hell if I listen to that sh!t on a daily basis. So, when I gave up that "lifestyle" and decided to tune how it best sounded to me...not some judge I never will talk to again, I lost a big part of that stress that the self proclaimed audiophile lives with on a daily basis.

I don't care how it should sound like. I care how it sounds to me. If some dude likes the squeaks and pops of a vinyl record...more power to him. If he thinks his $3k tube amp sounds better, great! Let him buy it. I'll even accept, at this point, that its sonically superior. Not that it can be proven, but I simply don't care that he feels that way. Why? Because I don't have the damn amp, I'm not going to buy the damn amp and I'm happy with the sh!t I have now. I don't need some anonymous audiophile telling me I'm missing out with brand B when I should be using brand A.

F him and his fat wallet.

/end of quote

Hearing this from a forum moderator is a disgrace.
I hope the guy sees this.
NO! its not supposed to sound like squeaks and pops!
I think maybe your gear got PROBLEMS.
This guy got some major biases goin on. NO, not all tube amps got flabby bass.

Sorry for the flame. I was too lazy to make a carreview.com login
hehe

This guy has more problems than just vinyl. I'd say he has a few issues here. I would not worry about his opinions on anything.