Just got my new Bluejeans cable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new Bluejeans cable

tp
01-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Just got 2 F-2 HDMI cables and 2 Dig Optical.They got here in Philadelphia area from Washington state in 1 1/2 days. Priority mail. I spoke with Wayne there by phone and he was very helpful and informitive.
Thanks to Mr Peabody, and 02. Youguys helped out a lot and I have these cables that at least look very beefy and well constructed. I'm sure they will perform well too based off of all the reviews.

Thanks all
Tim

Mr Peabody
01-24-2010, 08:47 PM
You are welcome. How did the cables work out?

manlystanley
01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I was helped to try the BJC stereo cables. What a difference from monoprice... What did you think of yours?

Best Regards,
Stan

nightflier
01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
TP, Also, what are you using to test these cables out?

atomicAdam
01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I was helped to try the BJC stereo cables. What a difference from monoprice... What did you think of yours?

Best Regards,
Stan

Yes, they are a bit of a jump from monocable, which is in its own right a jump from the cables you get out the ratshack or the trashcan.

I loved my monoprice until i heard the BJC and then I heard some better, and some different cables. Speaking of which, i've got some that need to go back to someones I think.

but OG, you'll have to post more to please this crowd. so details please?

manlystanley
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes, they are a bit of a jump from monocable, which is in its own right a jump from the cables you get out the ratshack or the trashcan.

I loved my monoprice until i heard the BJC and then I heard some better, and some different cables. Speaking of which, i've got some that need to go back to someones I think.

but OG, you'll have to post more to please this crowd. so details please?

I think that my prior system (B&W 684 and H/K 655) both had darker presentations. So, the monoprice *Video* cables were much brighter. Which actually sounded good. But, with my Magnepan's and Emotiva XPA, these same cables just sounded harsh.

But my Magnepan's sound good now. They actually have a warm sound to them. But I've put in a 2.5 ohm tweeter attenuation resister that Magnepan sent.

It's funny to be saying that the Magnepans sound warm. But they do. Transparent and warm at the same time.

I'm *currently* pleased with the sound of my system, but now am starting to work on getting the wires fixed. Afterwards, I'm going to give the system a month or two evaluation and see what I think. I have a fickle ear. My opinion gradually forms after a lot of listening.

Finally, my guess of what makes a cable 'warm' or bright is just the amount of capacitance that it has. The more capacitance it has the more the higher frequencies are shorted. So, a higher capacitance cable sounds 'warm'. Video cables need very low capacitance, so this is why the sound 'bright'.

Best Regards,
Stan

blackraven
01-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Stan the BJC's are supposed to be low capacitance. I'm not sure if they are as low as you video cables though.

manlystanley
01-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Stan the BJC's are supposed to be low capacitance. I'm not sure if they are as low as you video cables though.

I agree. Video (because it's such high frequencies and is so sensitive to loss) must have lower capacitance--and so will sound very bright.

Best Regards,
Stan

Mr Peabody
01-26-2010, 06:13 AM
That's something I talked about in my BJC review thread some time back, they claim low capacitance yet the LC highs were not as pronounced when compared to more expensive cables. However, on a lot of entry to mid gear that could be a good thing.