Home Theater and Tivo Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater and Tivo Question

Highlander67
03-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Thanks in advance for looking. Here is my question and or problem that I have.

I am considering purchasing this Tivo Unit:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806252790&skuId=4793138&type=product

Now my current setup is I have a Coax Cable line that already connects to my television set. I get the basic 100 channels but I do not have any type of cable box and digital cable box. Assuming I can do this, am I able to connect a coax cable to the Tivo unit and use the Composite A/V output to my receiver or do I have to use Coax going out as well?

Thanks again and could appreciate any help.

cashlz
03-29-2004, 02:53 PM
highlander,
I dont remember exactly but I think that is how I originally had my tivo set up. I am almost positive you can. You may want to visit www.tivo.com and drop them an e-mail they should be able to tell you for certain.

Mania
03-29-2004, 05:07 PM
I would be shocked if it couldn't.

BTW, check out Replay TVs. They are cheaper, can connect to the internet to get info more quickly, you can trade shows with others (slowly). It is also is fairly easy to replace the hard drive yourself, so you can buy a small hard drive unit, and replace the 40 GB drive with a 160 GB drive no sweat.

cashlz
03-30-2004, 03:31 AM
Tivo does allow internet connectivity also (it has 2 usb ports) you just have to get a usb network adapter ($30) and if you already have broadband its a worthwhile investment.