Last Chance! to get in on ProgRock Records Club [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance! to get in on ProgRock Records Club

Mr Peabody
01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
info: http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=167

In two weeks Progrock will not accept any more members. One of the benefits is a Progrock album a month. I'm not sure of all the details so please check the link.

ForeverAutumn
01-05-2010, 06:17 AM
BarryL and I joined that club for a year. We made sure that we each got a different disk each month so, in all, we received 24 disks. There were a few good ones, but a lot of crap too. I respect Shawn Gordon, but with so many great artists on their roster, it seemed to me like the club was a means to clear out the warehouse.

On the other hand, we heard a lot of stuff (both good and bad) that we wouldn't have otherwise heard. For $85 a year (it was only $75 when we joined), it's not a bad deal if you just want to hear some different stuff that you might otherwise not hear.

Mr Peabody
01-05-2010, 06:53 AM
That's what held me back. The label has several bands that just don't do much for me. Some of the more recent bands or releases have been pretty good though. Have you heard Dead Heroes Club? The release doesn't contain a lot of noodling but the band is tight with a great vocalist in my opinion. I like the album and the band should be big. I also like Ajalon but they may be a bit too mellow for you. I get a sense Shawn is becoming more selective with who he signs. I am picky though with my Prog and the club would be a good deal for some one totally into Prog.

Swish
01-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Da<a>mn the luck. :lol:

Mr Peabody
01-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Don't be sad, we'll just send you copies of all our Prog.