Why so few photos??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why so few photos???

thekid
01-02-2010, 04:41 AM
As I looked through a lot of posts here I notice that so few of them that discuss latest pick-ups have photos. Is this because members just don't want to be bothered in posting their gear or is it site restrictions on the size of photos that require you to have to resize almost anything posted? Any thoughts?

Feanor
01-02-2010, 06:20 AM
As I looked through a lot of posts here I notice that so few of them that discuss latest pick-ups have photos. Is this because members just don't want to be bothered in posting their gear or is it site restrictions on the size of photos that require you to have to resize almost anything posted? Any thoughts?
Dunno for sure. I try to use pics a lot personally because I love 'em, and because they help to make my points (or so I imagine).

Basically there are two ways to show pics on this site:

Upload them from you computer. By default they load to your picture gallery, or you can suppress this. These are limited by size depending on format, and size in pixels, I believe max 700x700.
Link to an external source: use the 'Insert Image' icon and paste the link -- in this case there is no size restriction. The external source can be your personal site or something like PhotoBucket After many years I finally discovered that you can usually capture a link to most pictures on 3rd party sites: right click on the image, select properties, copy the location link, and paste this link into the 'Insert Image' pop-up.

frahengeo
01-02-2010, 10:03 AM
If it hasn't been previously started already...why not start a thread on your gear and/or favorite piece??

Personally, I find photos of vintage gear to be of the most interest. The more recent stuff (which I have), is somewhat boring IMO.

dakatabg
01-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I think is the site restrictions on the photo size!
First It was bothering me so much that I had to resize the picture every time but now I have a program for that.
I guess it is the same for all the other members here!

dakatabg
01-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I think is the site restrictions on the photo size!
First It was bothering me so much that I had to resize the picture every time but now I have a program for that.
I guess it is the same for all the other members here!

02audionoob
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I think we should all make a New Year's resolution to post a big photo this year.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2796/4105893433_8ff276e268_b.jpg

frahengeo
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Gorgeous TT. Is that a glass or plexi platter? Don't have a TT myself:(

02audionoob
01-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Gorgeous TT. Is that a glass or plexi platter? Don't have a TT myself:(

Thanks. It's a glass platter. The acrylic platters have a white look to them.

frahengeo
01-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Although uninteresting, it is the unit that gets the most questions like "what is that?"

Feanor
01-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I think we should all make a New Year's resolution to post a big photo this year.

Yeah, I like big pics. How about this one of an Outlaw 990 ...

http://www.outlawaudio.com/images/990-back-huge.jpg

audio amateur
01-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Nice TT and Denon amp!

frahengeo
01-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I like big pics. How about this one of an Outlaw 990 ...

http://www.outlawaudio.com/images/990-back-huge.jpg
Gotta love those XLR outputs. It looks great until you hook it up. Then it looks like this (well at least when I hook it up...), quite messy.

Rich-n-Texas
01-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Funny how this thread has gotten off the original topic...

Dunno for sure. I try to use pics a lot personally because I love 'em, and because they help to make my points (or so I imagine).

Basically there are two ways to show pics on this site:

Upload them from you computer. By default they load to your picture gallery, or you can suppress this. These are limited by size depending on format, and size in pixels, I believe max 700x700.
Link to an external source: use the 'Insert Image' icon and paste the link -- in this case there is no size restriction. The external source can be your personal site or something like PhotoBucket After many years I finally discovered that you can usually capture a link to most pictures on 3rd party sites: right click on the image, select properties, copy the location link, and paste this link into the 'Insert Image' pop-up.
I just tried to post a picture in the other thread started last Sept. about posting pictures: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=31745 using the method described by the admin but instead of seeing the picture all that showed was a link to it. So yeah it looks like actual pictures can no longer be displayed here.

Features- Quality Hosting,High Storage, High Bandwidth, Fast Service, and Good Community.
Keep the site as it is because it is simply the best. Color combination of background and font I like most. Speed of response also the best. No need to any changes.
Thanks.
:lol: "High Bandwidth", "simply the best", yeah okay. Did I mention alandandrew was suspended not long after that post? His only one? Can we say: TOOL? :1:

JohnMichael
01-14-2010, 09:55 AM
I love this picture. My Krell S-300i sounds as good as it looks. The image downloaded fine with a slight reduction in pixels.

Feanor
01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Funny how this thread has gotten off the original topic...

I just tried to post a picture in the other thread started last Sept. about posting pictures: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=31745 using the method described by the admin but instead of seeing the picture all that showed was a link to it. So yeah it looks like actual pictures can no longer be displayed here.

Actually they can, but only if just one picture is uploaded, otherwise only the links appear.

Rich-n-Texas
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I tried two ways to upload one picture here using the same method I used to use. It wouldn't even display a thumbnail, just the link.

IIRC, AR is down on bandwidth because the mountain biker forum is more active. I'll go find the post by Adam when the spirit moves me.