I'm such a bad boy........... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a bad boy...........

manlystanley
01-01-2010, 07:15 PM
My wife was out all day with our 22 year old daughter. When she got home I asked her to come down to our movie/listening room to check out my new speakers (Magnepan 1.6's). As soon as she walked in the room, she freaked out: "THERE HUGE" "NO WAY" "TAKE EM BACK" I HATE THEM"......

I said: "Sorry Sweat heart the deals done". She says: "uggggggg." She is so good to be, I don't know why I like to tease her so...."

Best Regards,
Stan

dakatabg
01-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Every woman will freak out when she sees those big speakers!

Feanor
01-02-2010, 05:08 AM
My wife was out all day with our 22 year old daughter. When she got home I asked her to come down to our movie/listening room to check out my new speakers (Magnepan 1.6's). As soon as she walked in the room, she freaked out: "THERE HUGE" "NO WAY" "TAKE EM BACK" I HATE THEM"......

I said: "Sorry Sweat heart the deals done". She says: "uggggggg." She is so good to be, I don't know why I like to tease her so...."

Best Regards,
Stan
You & I have been through this before. For cripes sake, it's the basement. Surely there's one part of the house where you rule.

My Maggies are in the main livingroom -- my wife has to just suck it up. (It helps that they have the beige sleeves.)

paulo m
01-02-2010, 09:01 AM

Best Regards,
Stan

Hmmm, I'm still somewhat anxious about how my wife will react when my pair of Analysis Audio Amphitryon is delivered tomorrow. She has seen them at the dealer already, but I wonder what it will be like for her to see them actually in our apartment...

manlystanley
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
You & I have been through this before. For cripes sake, it's the basement. Surely there's one part of the house where you rule.

My Maggies are in the main livingroom -- my wife has to just suck it up. (It helps that they have the beige sleeves.)

You miss-understood me. I tease my wife a fair bit, and I knew she would go ballistic over these speakers. But, I just enjoyed bringing her downstairs and teasing her. That's why I said, "I'm such a bad boy.."

Yes she went ballistic....and yes the speakers are staying...... But, she is a great wife who puts up with a lot.

Best Regards,
Stan

GMichael
01-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Congrats on the new speakers. I'm sure the wife was just teasing you back.

frenchmon
01-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Hmmm, I'm still somewhat anxious about how my wife will react when my pair of Analysis Audio Amphitryon is delivered tomorrow. She has seen them at the dealer already, but I wonder what it will be like for her to see them actually in our apartment...

You got what being delivered tomorrow!!!! Analysis Audio Amphitryon...... I hate you! :)

frenchmon

blackraven
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM

I wish I could hear those baby's. Those are some seriously good speakers and for $24k they better be. Give us a review on them.

Congrats and Enjoy!

paulo m
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
You got what being delivered tomorrow!!!! Analysis Audio Amphitryon...... I hate you! :)

frenchmon

Unfortunately, due to the bad weather here in Boston (snow and ice all over, the dealer is reluctant to lug 500 lbs, or 220 kg, worth of crates--can't really blame him) delivery is only the day after tomorrow.

paulo m
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I wish I could hear those baby's. Those are some seriously good speakers and for $24k they better be. Give us a review on them.

Congrats and Enjoy!

Oh good they are indeed. This is an ex-demo pair so I'm getting them at a very good price. And nowadays they cost $28k, or $29.2k including the external crossovers (which I am also getting). The Analysis Audio Omegas, which is what I was planning to get eventually (a speaker that very easily beat the MG20.1 in my auditions) also increased from $18k to $22k. That's the cost of having a european-made component in a time where the dollar is free falling wrt the euro...

But though I loved the Omegas, the Amphitryons are just like them in sonic ability, only more of it :). On a harmless dare from the dealer I even tried the Orions, but wasn't convinced--they need a huge room, and I mean HUGE (they were playing in a room with walls of length around 20-25 ft (that's 6-8m) and high ceilings and the bass was completely overpowering the other frequencies (e.g. you could feel the pressure in your eardrums when some singer in the recording we were playing tapped the microphone prior to starting to sing).

manlystanley
01-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Congrats on the new speakers. I'm sure the wife was just teasing you back.

Thanks, and she was!

Best Regards,
Stan

Florian
01-11-2010, 05:10 AM
My girlfriend loves my Apogee GRAND ( a lot bigger then 20.1) but she hates my Krell KRS200 monos..... go figure

bobsticks
01-11-2010, 05:56 AM
My girlfriend loves my Apogee GRAND ( a lot bigger then 20.1) but she hates my Krell KRS200 monos..... go figure

Lol, mebbe she hates the idea of engine blocks on the living room floor...

GMichael
01-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Lol, mebbe she hates the idea of engine blocks on the living room floor...

I was thinking that maybe she was just jealous. After all, I'm sure she can tell how much he loves them. Especialy when he curls up with them for warmth.

MrAcoustat
08-14-2012, 12:03 PM

Best Regards,
Stan

Finaly a real man, sorry honney the're here and there staying.

MrAcoustat
08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Every woman will freak out when she sees those big speakers!

I don't find them big at all, this is BIG.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz61/MrAcoustat/AcoustatSpectra6600MrAcoustat.jpg

MrAcoustat
08-14-2012, 12:10 PM

They are such beautiful speakers, she should be very happy of your choice.

paulo m
08-14-2012, 12:16 PM
They are such beautiful speakers, she should be very happy of your choice.

Oh she is. Two and a half years later, we are still finding these speakers absolutely fantastic.