Funny Pirating story [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Funny Pirating story

Hyfi
12-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm not a huge pirate but will occasionally download an older hard to find movie and once in a great while a newer movie.

I have been trying to rent Up from RedBox for several weeks now. Every time I go to get it, it's out. Of course whenever I return what I rented and don't have time for another, it's back in. Out of frustration I attempted to download it from a torrent. After several attempts and bogus files, I got what appeared to be a good copy and not a camera version from the theater. My sound was way down on the PC so when I flipped through to see that I actually got the movie, I did hear sound and the picture was great.

So, We invited some friends over for an evening of movie and refreshments. Everyone was feeling good and it was time to fire up the movie. Everyone got comfy and I hit play.

Du'Oh!!! the friggin movie was all in Russian or similar language so it made it pretty much unwatchable. Egg on my face, Crow on my plate, and much laughter in my direction.

Oh well, we all watched a different movie and I am stil trying to get it from Redbox.

I had to laugh myself and figured others would enjoy my "serves you right" story.

dakatabg
12-29-2009, 10:30 AM
try piratebay.org

they have everything you need for free!

Hyfi
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
try piratebay.org

they have everything you need for free!

Yeah, that is one of them but they also have a few bad torrents or ones that require you to go in circles and sign up for stuff you don't want.

rob_a
12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
I used to get the bootlegs and pirated stuff but after getting bad and low quality copies, I finally said "F" it! Now I just wait until a cheap used copy hits amazon :prrr:

But that was a funny story Hyfi :biggrin5: