Yamaha NS-P 125 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha NS-P 125

Foodwaster
12-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Hello
I have receiver SONY STR DG 910 and I want to buy the speakers Yamaha, but they are 6 ohm and the receiver is working with 8 ohm and above. Do you have information on the speakers - are they good or not ?

poppachubby
12-29-2009, 04:31 AM
The speakers are average at best. You can safely hook them up to your amp with no worries.

rob_a
12-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Yamaha speakers can be a tad bit on the bright side sometimes, I don't know if that combo with a Sony receiver is the best pair. Might be a little harsh.
If anyone else has this combo let me know what you think.

blackraven
12-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Can I eat your left overs!

harley .guy07
12-29-2009, 08:20 PM
yamaha has not been known for their speakers in the lower end for quite some time. they have a few speakers that look good but they can be a bit bright especially with lower end receivers. I have a Yamaha center channel that is a pretty good unit for the money and sounds great when I use it for movies but I would stay away from a lot of their speakers for music. It seems they make their speakers mostly for theater use and they would be too bright for me to use for music. But if you found a pair that you liked it would probably be ok to hook your receiver up to them. As long as you don't run it at high volumes all the time I believe that Yamaha's speakers would be sensitive enough to not cause a problem with the 6 ohm impedance.