Just for fun in 2009... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun in 2009...

nobody
12-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Ok, here's a sorta year end comp. Doesn't represent my favorite or the best or anything else like that...just basically a bunch of stuff that I was filing through this morning while giving up on considering making a really good 2009 comp that would like represent the year or show what I thought was best or any of that and just ended up grabbing a bunch of random stuff I liked while leaving out a ton of other things I liked as well or better for no real reason other than this is what I felt like putting on for the moment. Pulled out any electronic stuff, some of which I really liked...no r&b, reggae or anyting more experimental...mostly just the rock tunes I had in a more inclusive but totally overflowing 2009 playlist on my Ipod, with a couple mellow tracks and a few surf rock sorta things tossed in for the hell of it. Here's the tracklist if anyone's interested:

Nobody's 2009 Quickie Comp.

I Can't Lose - The Obits
I'm Not Sorry - The Accelerators
My Love - Marked Men
Lonsome Jim - Black Panda
Heart Collector - Stolen Hearts
Will You Still Love Me? - The Scrutches
Can't Hardly Wait - Justin Townes Earl
Ballad of Jack and Haley - Ike Reilly
I'm So Bad - Radio Faces
Bender - Unwelcome Guests
Tell Tale Heart - The Nevermores
I'm A Nobody - Milk Kan
Everything You Ever Hoped Or Worked For - Nana Grizol
Libertwango - Los Coronas
Spooky Tiki - Messer Chups
Atomic Brain - Riverdales
Word Is Out - The Apers
Lose My Cool - Hex Dispensers
Je Sais Que Tu Sais - Iggy Pop
Nocturnal Twist - Los Straitjackets
In My Heart - Heavy Trash
Must Be Mistaken - Kepi Ghoulie & Jerry Hormone
Doped Up Dollies on A One Way Ticket to Blood - Big D and the Kid's Table
Tu - Davilla666

And, of course, the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ID45ZQ8

(All MP3s with a Windows Media Player playlist file to keep 'em in order.)

Hyfi
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
I sure am out of touch. I only recognized 2 bands on that whole list.

poppachubby
12-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Ya, I know about half of those bands and have heard about 25% of those releases. While your list is great and personalized from your own tastes, I feel you're missing some stuff. No hip-hop? As I listen to the latest Mos Def, I can't help but feel that it may trump a few rock releases.

Anyhow, not being critical nobody. I know your tatses are varied and many. Just wondering if infact the year had some sweet-azz releases that you missed. All of this comp business is new to me, but I am starting to feel stirred to create my own.

I was hoping to hear something from The Pack A.D. this year, but nothing.

Stone
12-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm glad to see some stuff off the beaten path, and I had no idea The Riverdales released something new. Thanks.

When's the electo/ambient/noise comp coming?

poppachubby
12-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm glad to see some stuff off the beaten path, and I had no idea The Riverdales released something new. Thanks.

When's the electo/ambient/noise comp coming?

Right, that's my point. We should try and start a thread where everybody just adds 2 or 3 releases and see what it looks like when it gets to 50.

ForeverAutumn
12-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Right, that's my point. We should try and start a thread where everybody just adds 2 or 3 releases and see what it looks like when it gets to 50.

What are you waiting for? Get it started. :yesnod:

nobody
12-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I may do another one with other stuff sometimes. Like I said up there, I don't see this comp as anything close to a best of the year basically because it doesn't contain a bunch of stuff I liked, particularly in the electronic realm. I kinda just had too much in my 2009 playlist and slashed it and left something a bit more homogeneous.

I may make another one with a different bent later or...or actually take time to make one that really does have all my faves.

Anyone else hear that album Lee Perry did with one of them new fangled dub step producers? It also had Ari Up from the Slits doing some vocals. A couple of the songs on there are some of my favorites from this year and don't appear on the comp. So yeah, this is just a bunch of songs I enjoy and have fun with, but not anything comprehensive by any means...if that is even possible.

Jim Clark
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
As always, thanks brother.

I wasn't able to be as ambitious this year, don't know if I even grabbed 20 new titles total. Maybe rockin' to another Nobody comp will get me motivated. Stranger things have happened.

jc

nobody
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
There are some pretty definite Ramones wannabees on that mix you'll probably dig.

Finch Platte
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for this, I've been wanting to hear something from the Ike Reilly disc.

Why the cover from TVZ? That's a typical pick from that disc, & there's so much other good stuff on there.

nobody
12-29-2009, 05:10 PM
That song has sentimental value to me. So, it stays.

bobsticks
01-04-2010, 08:07 AM
I have really, really been enjoying this over the last few days. Muchas gracias, mi amigo...you sure know how to make a grand re-entrance...

Swish
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
..'I'm a Nobody'. Now what made you think of that?

nobody
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Glad y'all liked some of it...you want a bunch more, go look at my mega 2009 mix thread.