The Tracey Fragments [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Tracey Fragments

Hyfi
12-28-2009, 09:09 AM
The Tracey Fragments was the latest Ellen page movie I just watched. Pretty frickin weird indeed. She apparently won several awards for this one from 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tracey_Fragments_%28film%29

The oddest part about this film would be it's cinematography, if that is the right word. Aside from Tracey's life and story being fragmented, at almost no time in the movie is there less than 3 to 8 separate windows with either a different scene or same scene with different camera angle or distance. This makes just watching the movie hard since you are trying to watch 6 or so different things at all times.

The basic story is about a 15 y/o girl searching for her little brother who disappeared. Her little brother thought he was a dog. Any time they showed him he was barking, chasing a ball on all fours or eating with no utensils. The story bounces around a lot from real time to fragments of the past and goes through her troubles in life, at school, at home......

It all comes back around at the end when you realize that Tracey threw the ball into the woods near water and ice and then got in a guys car she liked. After backing out of sex, the guy pushes her out of the car and she realizes she was supposed to be watching her brother. She finds only his hat next to the water.

Ellen Page has been in some pretty screwed up movies aside from Juno. Next up on my play list is Mouth to Mouth from 2005 where she joins up with a radical commune of people in Europe.

dean_martin
12-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Nice job, Hyfi. Keep'em comin'. I've seen and have Juno and Hard Candy and will get around to renting Whip It. The Tracey Fragments sounds "pretty screwed up" which I don't mind at all. I look forward to your comments on Mouth to Mouth.

Hyfi
12-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice job, Hyfi. Keep'em comin'. I've seen and have Juno and Hard Candy and will get around to renting Whip It. The Tracey Fragments sounds "pretty screwed up" which I don't mind at all. I look forward to your comments on Mouth to Mouth.

Screwed up, yes but your groin won't hurt after watching it like Hard Candy.

I will also rent Whip It as soon as I can.