Prologic IIx [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Prologic IIx

shahrouz
03-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I've heard that some of new Yamaha receivers (and Probably other brands) will come with Prologic IIx.

How is the Prologic IIx? Is it any good? How does it compare (in music mode) to Neo:6 or 6-channel/7-channel stereo modes found on many receivers?

As I'm planning to buy a new receiver, I just want to know if it's a good idea to wait for new receivers.
I know that's, basically, a subjective decision. However, I'll appreciate your comments:

Thanks in advance

joel2762
03-29-2004, 03:19 AM
reciever in my new S & V Mag. It was this Pro Logic IIx it says..."The latest technology to process stereo sources and 5.1 multi channel content into room filling 6.1 or 7.1 sound..Hmm I wonder if this is any good! It's a good idea anyways!

wje
04-11-2004, 05:50 PM
The new Yamaha receivers do have DPL IIx. However, unless you are running a 6.1 or 7.1 system, you will not fully reap the benefits. DPL IIx was designed for handling the additional speakers.

However, DPL IIx does have one small change that might be of interest. While DPL II has a cinema and music option, DPL IIx adds a "game" option. So, if you're into gaming with your TV/audio system, you might consider DPL IIx.