Happy Festivus! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Festivus!

ForeverAutumn
12-24-2009, 06:34 AM
To all my friends here on the Rave Rec forum (and to all the lurkers ;)), I wish you the best of the holiday season.

Play safe and have fun!

Cheers!
FA

dean_martin
12-24-2009, 07:59 AM
I've been preparing for the airing of grievances all year. Next year I will train for the feats of strength.

Troy
12-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Back attcha.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4210931215_204ab58cba.jpg

Swish
12-24-2009, 11:29 AM
...with a large quantity of Rogue Yellow Snow Pale Ale along with an excellent Alec Bradley Tempus and a delicious Padron robusto. The last 2 are cigars for those of you who are wondering. :confused:

Another party tonight starting at 7 with my current spouse's family, then dinner with about 45 of my closest relatives tomorrow at noon. I'll be there early to get the turkey, ham and potato filling (go ahead and ask me what that is) started, as I always do. I usually try to hold off on the beer until at least 9:30 AM, but I will be alone at that time, and it is, after all, beer.

Then some R and R after all the noise and gift exchanging. It's fun, but I'll be fried by nightfall.

Have a Merry and a Happy everyone.

Swishdaddy

Stone
12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Another party tonight starting at 7 with my current spouse's family,

Yeah, I think it might be a bit awkward to attend a party at your next spouse's family.

Have a good holiday, Swish and everyone else.

Rae
12-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm working all day tomorrow, but if I get off in time I might go sing some karaoke at the Triple Rock Social Club. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should sing? Last year I absolutely rocked "Rosalita" by the Boss...

~Rae

Swish
12-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm working all day tomorrow, but if I get off in time I might go sing some karaoke at the Triple Rock Social Club. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should sing? Last year I absolutely rocked "Rosalita" by the Boss...

~Rae

...pull a Bill Murry and do 'More Than This'.

ForeverAutumn
12-24-2009, 09:09 PM

~Rae

Personally, I just love when someone sings Desparado at karaoke. :frown2:

Hyfi
12-25-2009, 05:58 AM
Happy Merry to all.

I picked up a case of St Bernardus Christmas Ale and it is a truly wonderful treat!

Rae
12-25-2009, 10:25 AM
...pull a Bill Murry and do 'More Than This'.

Nah, way too overdone! I'd support a permanent karaoke ban on anyone singing "More Than This", "What's So Funny (About Peace Love & Understanding)" and any Johnny Cash.

If I had a suitable partner, I'd do "Fairytale of New York". We'll see if I can talk anyone into it. If not, maybe some Fleetwood Mac.

~Rae

Rae
12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I ended up doing "Second-Hand News". Not my best performance of it but it still went over pretty well. I'm a little hung over today, or "crudo" as they say en espaņol.

~Rae

Ex Lion Tamer
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Personally, I just love when someone sings Desparado at karaoke. :frown2:

Wow! Two Seinfend references (sort of) in the same thread. Well played FA!