What kind of music does Prez Bush listen to? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music does Prez Bush listen to?

Finch Platte
03-28-2004, 06:20 AM
Puddle Of Mudd? Staind? Céline Dion?

Maybe he should heed the saying: Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak. William Congreve ...I dunno- I just think if he listened to more music, this country wouldn't be on it's way to being so focked up. Don't they play classical music outside of 7-11s to keep troublesome youth from congregating? Could we play classical outside of the White House to drive away the Bush régime? Let me know if you think this might work.

Right now, I'm spending more time picking out music to listen to on the drive to my mountain bike ride, than I will getting ready for the ride. Need aggressive stuff for the drive there (Tomahawk, Tool), and relaxing stuff for the drive home (uhhhhh- Jar's reggae comp, mebbe?).

If you cut a piece of wax paper the same size as the inside diameter of the paint can and drop it on the paint, this will prevent a skin from forming on the paint.

Do you think this stuff really works? www.photoblocker.com ...now, really. Would you need a whole can of the stuff? At $30 a can, it seems like it would last a long, long time. Or do you have to keep reapplying it? How many plates do you really need to spray, huh? Anyone want to go in with me and buy a can? We could apply it, then send to the next person. If everyone who reads this post pitched in, that would be, uhhhh, ten bucks apiece.

Why don't they call it beodorant, instead of deodorant? Get it? B.O.-dorant?

My dog howls when trains go by. I cannot get him to stop doing this. Does it hurt his ears? Or is he just bored?

My parting advice to you? Never buy green apple-scented dishwashing liquid. By the time that bottle is finished, you'll never want to eat an apple again.

fp

newtrix1
03-28-2004, 08:03 AM
wonder what kind of system the limo has? Probably a pair of phat 12" bass speakers http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf700/f707/f70786mwqe4.jpg

Troy
03-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Aren't YOU filled with questions today.

Bush listens to country music. He's from West Teaxs, remember?

If you need to stop painting and don't want to hassle with cleaning your brushes when you're just gonna continue to paint later today or tomorrow morning, wrap the brush (or roller) in saran Wrap and put it in the fridge. It will keep for several days this way with out drying or hardening.

Yes, that photoblocker stuff works. You can also buy a little plastic cover with screwholes that goes over the plate that does the same thing. Personally, I've avoided intersection ticket cameras by not having a front license plate. (For you out-of-staters that only get a rear plate, this is mainly why CA requires a front plate by law)

The dog probably hears wheel squeel too high frequency for us to hear.

dld
03-28-2004, 03:44 PM
OK, bait me if you will, but,

Bush likes Willie, Waylon, Ray Wylie, Willis Alan, H. Williams Jr., & Jacky Jack obviously. He also likes (liked) Iron Butterfly, Sabbath, BB King, Vanilla Fudge, ZZ Top, Buffet, Troggs, etc. He had a hellion side.

And if you want to ponder serious stuff (doubtful), try this on, I saw this over at Vinyl Asylum, posted by J.S. Bach

... CATS and STARSHIPS
If you drop a buttered piece of bread, it will fall on the floor butter-side down. If a cat is dropped from a window or other high and towering place, it will land on its feet. But what if you attach a buttered piece of bread, butter side up to a cat's back and toss them both out the window? Will the cat land on its feet? Or will the butter splat on the ground?

Even if you choose not to do the experiment yourself, you should be able to deduce the obvious result. The laws of butterology demand that the butter must hit the ground, and the equally strict laws of feline aerodynamics demand that the cat cannot smash its furry back. If the combined construct were to land, nature would have no way to resolve this paradoxe.

Therefore, it simply does not fall. That's right, you clever mortal (well, as clever as a mortal can get). You have discovered the secret of antigravity! A buttered cat will, when released, quickly move to a height where the forces of cat-twisting and butter repulsion are in equilibrium. This equilibrium point can be modified by scraping off some of the butter, providing lift, or removing some of the cat's limbs, allowing descent.

Most of the civilized species of the Universe already use this principle to drive their starships while within a planetary system. The loud humming heard by most sighters of UFOs is, in fact, the purring of several hundred tabbies. The one obvious danger is, of course, if the cats manage to eat the bread off their backs they will instantly plummet. Of course the cats will land on their feet, but this usually doesn't do them much good, since right after they make their graceful landing several tons of red-hot starship and unhappy aliens crash on top of them.

Dave
Later Gator
The waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Dusty Chalk
03-28-2004, 07:08 PM
No, actually, you can't defy gravity. What usually happens is the strap (or whatever harness you use to attach the toast to the cat's back) breaks. Every time. And then they both land "right side up".

Bush listens to music? I thought he was still "Hooked on Phonics".