Experience Hendrix, check your venues for this, baby! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Experience Hendrix, check your venues for this, baby!

Mr Peabody
12-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Some of who's who in modern guitar slingers are touring with a tribute to Hendrix.
Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepperd, Johnny Lang, Brad Wilford are what I remember along with one of the original Experience members. In St. Louis on 3/20/2010 and I'm looking to get my tickets soon. I wouldn't think this was put together just for StL so you all had better be checking for your tickets too, this will be something to see.

Mr Peabody
12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Geez, no one into Hendrix or good guitar any more? Oh well, my bubble is burst any way. I found the ticket prices on line, nose bleed section $93.00, best seat still available
$484.00, for a single ticket. I admit this would be an awesome concert but those prices are out of line. I did see a list of other cities if any high rollers are interested.

thekid
12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry Mr.p for not responding earlier. My son is into Hendrix and would probably enjoy this show. The VB area of VA is considered pretty much a backwater as far as top music acts are concerned some my guess is that they will probably play in NoVa or Charlottesville. Might be a fun road trip though with my son. Thanks for the heads up!

Mr Peabody
12-23-2009, 06:35 PM
If your tickets are that price can you imagine how many pieces of vintage gear that would yield from the thrifts? :)

thekid
12-24-2009, 03:18 AM
If your tickets are that price can you imagine how many pieces of vintage gear that would yield from the thrifts? :)

LOL.....:biggrin5:

Well so far this week that would be more than I paid for a pair Polk R150's, a Polk CSi3 Center Channel and 10 CD's and tapes..........

Hyfi
12-24-2009, 04:13 AM
I'm a Hendrix fan but will not spend that kind of money to see anyone.
Recession?
Where?

If you enjoy other people playing Hendrix music, check out one of my favorite guitarists, Carl Filipiak who is a guitar teacher in Baltimore. I saw him play a whole Hendrix set at the Maryland Wine festival several years ago.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLtqEPcRfbA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLtqEPcRfbA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr Peabody
12-24-2009, 06:57 AM
I've received some of his stuff from you and he is excellent. I'm surprised he isn't more well known. But if he prefers laying low in the home town it could be holding back fame. Sometimes that's not a bad thing either.

Mr Peabody
12-25-2009, 11:53 PM
OK, might be going again. Not sure what those numbers I saw were when I checked before but appears I misquoted them and prices aren't that high.

http://www.metrotix.com/r.php?action=event&eventId=3832

Notice list of artists scheduled so far.