Facebook in real life... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook in real life...

ForeverAutumn
12-21-2009, 10:04 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrlSkU0TFLs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrlSkU0TFLs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hyfi
12-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Pretty funny. Shame of it is, way too many people put too much info out there for anyone to see. Facebook is going to come back and bite so may people in the ass when they least expect it.

I do really wish some people would just get a life of their own. Do I really care if so and so is going shopping or making dinner? No, and neither does anyone else.

poppachubby
12-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Haha, well done!

JohnMichael
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
A woman I knew invited me to join Facebook so I did. The first person to request to be friends after my joining was my creepy first lover. Think of the last person you ever want to hear from again and they are sure to find you on Facebook.

poppachubby
12-21-2009, 12:42 PM
A woman I knew invited me to join Facebook so I did. The first person to request to be friends after my joining was my creepy first lover. Think of the last person you ever want to hear from again and they are sure to find you on Facebook.

It's not all bad either John. I've been reunited with quite a few people I'd lost track of. However, watching every persons keystroke is a whole other thing. You can limit alot of stuff through the privacy function if you choose to.

GMichael
12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Didn't something happen recently where everyone's personal information on facebook (private or not) was released to Google?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't get this facebook phenom, and I think it is a bit intrusive, weird and creepy. I 22 y/o twins think it is lame, and do not want to set up accounts to communicate with their friends. I guess facebook is not for everyone, but my kids say they just can't get into it.

ForeverAutumn
12-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I have fun with it but I am very careful what information I put on it and who I accept as friends. I have come into contact with quite a few friends that I've lost track of over the years and from that standpoint it's been great! But I've probably ignored as many friend requests as I've accepted. Just because we worked together ten years ago doesn't mean that I want you having access to my information today. :hand:

Most of my facebook friends are actual friends who I already socialize with. It's just another means for staying in touch.

dakatabg
12-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I have facebook and it is great site to keep in touch with friends and even classmates!

ForeverAutumn
12-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Didn't something happen recently where everyone's personal information on facebook (private or not) was released to Google?

They made some changes to their security settings and you have to specifically check a box if you don't want certain information made public. That's exactly why I keep very little personal information on Facebook.

There have also been court cases where incriminating information posted on Facebook has held up in court as information in the public domain. You have to assume that the privacy settings on Facebook are bogus and treat your information accordingly.