Them Crooked Vultures [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Them Crooked Vultures

3LB
12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Nothing new here. Its basically Queens of The Stone Age doing stoner rock - David Grohl on drums, Josh Homme on lead vox, and John Paul Jones on bass (yes, that John Paul Jones). Like I said, stoner rock, but sometimes stretching out into something that woulda fit snuggly on LedZep's Presence or In Through The Out Door.
Yet another example of stoner rock becoming fashionable in the last two years. JPJ sounds like he's playing his ass off, but because of who's singing, it still sounds like a QotSA project.

ForeverAutumn
12-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Amazon sent this to my husband for Christmas. :)

I placed an order with Amazon and when the package arrived this CD was in the box. I couldn't recall ordering it so I double checked and, sure enough, I didn't order it. I guess whoever shipped our stuff must have accidentally included it.

It's the kind of disk my Hubby will like, so I'm wrapping it up and including it with his gifts.

Although now that you're saying that it sounds like QotSA, I might like it more than he will. Oh well, I'm still giving it to him as a gift. :D

3LB
12-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Although now that you're saying that it sounds like QotSA, I might like it more than he will. Its not as metal as QotSA - like I said, stoner rock. Not to be confused with 'jammy'.

poppachubby
12-22-2009, 02:35 AM
It's a solid album. Actually quite listenable as most of these projects don't impress me one bit. There's a good energy between these guys. I wouldn't describe JPJ as playing his ass off, but he holds it down like the consomate pro he is. He's one of my fave all time bassists and I'm glad he's still at it. Wish Jack Bruce could do something cool...