Building a SUB . ?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Building a SUB . ??

copymenot
12-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi all long time reader first time threader lol,
I've just got a STR DH800 and wanna build my own Sub for it due to lack of space, just wanted some tips/help with what terminal i need on the box. And will my sub need to be powered ??, and also is it a problem if the crossover is a much higher watt then the speaker its self ?
Nice1

Poultrygeist
12-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Get a sub kit from Parts Express.

Feanor
12-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi all long time reader first time threader lol,
I've just got a STR DH800 and wanna build my own Sub for it due to lack of space, just wanted some tips/help with what terminal i need on the box. And will my sub need to be powered ??, and also is it a problem if the crossover is a much higher watt then the speaker its self ?
Nice1
Poultrygeist's suggestion is a great one. I've never heard a complaint about the Parts Express Dayton sub kits. Check them out HERE (http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?searchFilter=&srchExt=CAT&perPage=27&sortBy=1&layout=grid&page=1&srchPrice=&srchCat=620&srchMfg=301&srchPromo=&srchAttr=). Of course, the more expensive ones offer higher preformance, but any of them will work very well a their price points.

All of these subs are self-powered. I believe they are all have "low-level" RCA inputs; connect these to your receiver's "Sub Out" connection. Use a RCA Y-connector to split the single Sub-out on you receiver to both the Left and Right low-level inputs to the sub amplfier.

harley .guy07
12-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I also agree. I think the Parts Express subwoofer kits are good ones and offer a lot of good bass peformance for the money and come with all the directions to put it together and I think you would be happy with it.