Must have app for iPhone / iTouch users... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Must have app for iPhone / iTouch users...

E-Stat
12-18-2009, 03:00 PM
the Studio Six Digital SPL meter available for the princely sum of $.99! It is a pretty full functioned unit offering both A and C weighting, slow / fast response, and the ability to calibrate it using your own SPL meter. It emulates a classic analog design (down the the simulated screws at each corner) with a quick responding meter. There have been many times when I would have loved to have had the ability to measure level, but alas I don't normally carry around the trusty old Radio Shack meter with me. :)

http://www.studiosixdigital.com/_Media/splmeter1.jpg

They also make an RTA, but alas it is a bit pricier. Then again, there's a free "lite" version I plan to check out.

rw

audio amateur
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Sweet! I'm guessing it uses the phone's mic?

JoeE SP9
12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Thank you very much E-Stat!:mad5: You've found a reason for me to buy an iPhone.:devil:

kexodusc
12-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Nice find, E-stat! Thanks for this!

E-Stat
12-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Sweet! I'm guessing it uses the phone's mic?
Yes but supports and external one too. For me, I'll use it more for informal purposes. I think getting a calibrated mic for it might be a touch overkill. :)

rw

E-Stat
12-21-2009, 08:37 AM
You've found a reason for me to buy an iPhone.:devil:
I had a Treo Palm-based phone for a while and liked the ability to add other functions. The iPhone has taken that concept to a level far beyond the Treo's capability. There are literally thousands of apps available, many of which are free with most costing only $.99. Here are a few I use:

Sudoku Grab - take pic of printed puzzle and retain
Handy Level - simple, but cool app
MyCaddie - GPS rangefinder for exact yardages
RK Free - logs my running distance and time
Shazam - Identify any song just by playing it
GPS Lite - for hiking or even locating your car in a big parking lot
XM Radio

rw