Genesis makes RRHOF [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Genesis makes RRHOF

3LB
12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, whaddiya know...

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2009/12/abba_jimmy_cliff_genesis_the_h.html

I'll actually have a reason to watch it this year. I won't hold my breath though - its prolly the pop incarnation of the band that will get the biggest representation at the ceremony. But still, its a foot in the door...maybe. Genesis does seem like a safe choice, so now the HOF can say 'one and done' with regards to other prog acts. Time will tell.

Mr MidFi
12-17-2009, 06:28 AM
If they can get PG and Steve to join the festivities, they would pretty much have to give some acknowledgment to the art/prog/whatever incarnation of the band, methinks.

And that might open the door to other prog acts in the future. Like Yes, Crim and Tull for instance.

thekid
12-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I am a big Genesis fan, paticularly the early stuff. IMO there last good album was Genesis released in 1983. They catch a lot of flack because of the pop work of Phil Collins who seemed to be required to sing/perform on almost every LP released during the 80's.

A well deserved honor IMO. Tony Banks is a very overlooked keyboard player and songwriter. Not as flashy as his contemporaries but the layered sound he produced on a lot of songs was just amazing.