Has anyone heard an Onkyo TX-NR1007? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard an Onkyo TX-NR1007?

deaconblues06
12-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I think this is a relatively new model so I was wondering if anybody has any experience with one. Besides its audio performance, I am most intrigued with the extra HDMI output that they describe as a "repeater" (I like the idea of having this provide a source for an outdoor tv). Does anybody know of another company that is producing units with a similar feature? Additionally, what is the audio community's opinion of current Onkyo products?

Thanks in advance for any input and/or opinions!

dakatabg
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
There is so much info online about this receiver!

Onkyo makes good receivers and my opinion is that you won't be disappointed after you buy Onkyo especially the receiver you are looking at!

Sony, Pioneer, Denon, Harman Kardon, Marantz and Sasnui make similar products!

Are you looking for something cheaper or ....?????

pixelthis
12-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I think this is a relatively new model so I was wondering if anybody has any experience with one. Besides its audio performance, I am most intrigued with the extra HDMI output that they describe as a "repeater" (I like the idea of having this provide a source for an outdoor tv). Does anybody know of another company that is producing units with a similar feature? Additionally, what is the audio community's opinion of current Onkyo products?

Thanks in advance for any input and/or opinions!

The "audio community" doesnt think much of any receiver, although some of the more expensive ones can get near 90% of audio nirvanah.
HOWEVER Onkyo products (and their lexus line...Integra) have good quite pre-amp sections(at least the higher range models), making it easy to get "audiophile"
status by hooking up a decent amp.
For HT they are the bomb, BTW.:1:

bba5757
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Are you asking about this Onkyo because you are thinking of buying one, or you have already bought it?
My brother is a Home Theatre installer and Onkyo rec'vs, pre-amps etc. are by far what he favors, I think Mitsubishi is a close second for him.
Now me, I've always liked Bose and Yamaha, because they tend to back up their products forever.

deaconblues06
12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I am considering buying one. I guess I should have been more specific by saying the "home theater" community instead of "audio" community. I've got B&W 600 series 3 speakers and an older model (tx-sr602) Onkyo receiver that has been good to me for about 7 years now. I'm looking to upgrade with HDMI switching and so on so I've been doing the usual research. Because the TX-NR1007 is a relatively new model, I haven't been able to find many reviews. I was originally leaning towards the Denon line (4310ci or similar) but saw the 2nd HDMI output on this Onkyo and thought it would be cool to have that as a source for a tv on my back porch so I can watch sports out there. Anyway, I am curious if anyone had this model and could give me some good feedback and what the general opinion on Onkyo products is. I use this system primarily for HT but also enjoy the stereo benefits, it's probably gets 70/30 use favoring HT. Thanks again for the input and more is certainly welcome!

deaconblues06
12-17-2009, 09:33 AM
The "audio community" doesnt think much of any receiver, although some of the more expensive ones can get near 90% of audio nirvanah.
HOWEVER Onkyo products (and their lexus line...Integra) have good quite pre-amp sections(at least the higher range models), making it easy to get "audiophile"
status by hooking up a decent amp.
For HT they are the bomb, BTW.:1:
I don't see any mention of the Integra line on the Onkyo website, does anyone know if they're still makin it...?