Hi,From the Newbie [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi,From the Newbie

wksmith27
12-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Hi,Everyone I'm new to the Forum live in Texas like to collect Vintage Audio Gear.It started with a Technics SA-936 Receiver,Teac A-2000 R-R Tape Deck,Pioneer CT-F650 Cassette Deck,Technics SL-D3 TT and Bose 6.2 Speakers.Found them all at estate & garage sales all are in working order.I'm looking foward to this Forum hope I can contribute to it.Thanks,Keith

poppachubby
12-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Welcome. Lots of vintage knowledge here, and lots of newbies with vintage taste signing up lately. Have fun!

JoeE SP9
12-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. Along with the vintage gear are a lot of vintage members, this poster included.

bba5757
12-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi - I just joined this month myself -- I seem to buy and sell a lot vintage equipment these days - stuff just turns up. Boy, when you mentioned that Teac above, that really brings back memories. Never throw away or just give away your older electronics -- if not to for you, they will have value to someone -- I wish I had realized that when I was younger, and now I wish I could broadcast that to the general public on a daily basis.
Welcome!

harley .guy07
12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I am only in my 30's but I used to hear my dad talk about the electronics of the 60's and 70's and I love how 2 channel audio was the thing back then. I know that the quad thing came into the 70's but 2 channel was the main thing and it was great. Sometime I wish I was older in that era because some of the music was better and the technology wasn't but the basic since of audio seemed to be more concentrated on the music and the fact that 2 speakers can get a great since of the performance if they are set up right and the equipment behind them is of like quality. I try to study some of the vintage stuff and I do like the simplicity of the electronics of the time because there was no talk of codecs and formats that was multi channel even though I do like some of the newer components that have came out in the last few years but there is something about that era in audio that is realy cool. I am a big fan of lossless digital but I do understand the like of lp's and reel to reel tape decks because of their physical presence and would have liked to have been of age to be there for it. It just seems high end audio was more direct and simpler in those times.