Problems with JBL EON 15p1 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with JBL EON 15p1

D0mestic88
12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello, I am having trouble with 2 of my JBL EON 15p1s. I don't know too much about speakers so I need a little help...On both speakers the high frequency driver don't work, but the big speaker on the bottom does.

1- The first speaker's HF driver will sometimes play but sometimes the driver will cut out. It won't come back on until I shut the speaker down or rattle it around. I first thought something was loose so I opened the speaker up and checked all connections.

2- The second tweeter/driver won't work at all.

I read that the driver HF will blow if you push them to hard (which is what i prob did) so i opened up the driver and took out the diaphram. However, I'm not sure how to tell if it's blown or not (there wasn't anything that looked "blown" when I took it out). I know that you can buy an entire new driver, and I know that you can just buy a diaphram (much cheaper). I'm not sure what I should be doing here...Can anybody offer up some advice. Thank you...

harley .guy07
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Most likely it is the diaphram that has went bad. but if you are not very knowledgable in working on these types of speakers I would find a pro sound repair person in your area and let them do the repair. You could also take him the diaphrams themselves and he could most likely tell you if they are damaged or blown. He might also be able to order you replacements but there are also tons of places online that sell JBL replacement parts for there pro sound stuff so finding parts should be easy.

dakatabg
12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I had a similar problem with my kenwood speakers! The midrange stopped working. I thought I blew it but I just had to replace the crossover and it started working again!

In your case check the crossover but I thing it is blown since the woofers give you problems too!

Do you listen loud music? Were you getting the max of the speakers???

D0mestic88
12-15-2009, 04:28 AM
I had a similar problem with my kenwood speakers! The midrange stopped working. I thought I blew it but I just had to replace the crossover and it started working again!

In your case check the crossover but I thing it is blown since the woofers give you problems too!

Do you listen loud music? Were you getting the max of the speakers???

I do play lots of loud music. I connected an ohm meter to the terminals on my diaphram of the one speajer and got a reading of 8 ohms (these are 8 ohms). Doesn't that mean the diaphram is still good? I checked the other speakers diaphram and got a reading of 0 ohms. Doesn't that mean there's a problem with that that diaphram

Now for the one that the diaphram seems ok, should i check the crossover? what am i checking on the crossovers?