Toggle switch in back of speaker? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Toggle switch in back of speaker?

SocialCircle
12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I just purchased a used Dynaudio Contour Center to match my Dynaudio 1.3 MKIIs. This speaker has a toggle switch on the rear. It can be set up or down or in neutral position. It says MID and has a plus and minus sign on the piece that says MID. I assume you can make the midrange more or less pronounced or neutral. But I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure what this toggle switch is for and what position I should set it in?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I just purchased a used Dynaudio Contour Center to match my Dynaudio 1.3 MKIIs. This speaker has a toggle switch on the rear. It can be set up or down or in neutral position. It says MID and has a plus and minus sign on the piece that says MID. I assume you can make the midrange more or less pronounced or neutral. But I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure what this toggle switch is for and what position I should set it in?

I believe it is designed to optimize and match the image height of the center speaker to the left and right main speakers just in case their height is not equal.