wireless speakers for stereo receiver, computer, and playstation [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : wireless speakers for stereo receiver, computer, and playstation

katrice
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I need some advice about wireless speakers. Thinking about buying speakers for my son to use in his dorm room. I would like a fairly decent surround system. He has an older model Onkyo receiver at home (he did not take it with him to college, since he did not have speakers), and listens to most of his music through headphones on his computer. He does not have a television. He watches TV shows and movies that he downloads on his computer through Netflix on his 32 inch computer monitor. He also has a playstation 3. Are there speakers that can be coordinated to work with both his computer and his receiver? Or do you have to buy separate speakers to use with both components? Is there some type of wireless speaker system that can be synced somehow between the computer and receiver? What do you all recommend? Wireless would be preferable, since the college does not allow speakers to be mounted on the walls.