Hello Everyone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

dwayne.aycock
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the site but not new to the world of high end audio / video. I have been an audiophile for the past 15 years. I was never aware of such a site until I stumbled acrss this one when I was looking for service for my Krell amp. I see all sorts of equipment and reviews all across this site. That is a wonderful thing!!! If there is a product I need to research, I need look no further than the posts and reviews left by others. It is nice to know that there are those that have a love and appreciation for the art and science that is high end audio. I get deep into my recordings of Pat Metheney and Wes Motgomery. My Wife just does not understand. She is satisfied with crappy sound from crappy speakers. She has no appreciation or understanding of the warmth of sound from a great amp (BK EX-4420) and great speakers (Mirage M1-Si). But in the end, that is not the reason I married her in the first place. I am so glad that you guys understand. I have been a musician since 4th grade (trombone and drums) and will continue the love affair with music until the day I die. Like to hear your stories!!!
Thaks for listening......Dwayne.:7:

manlystanley
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
My Wife just does not understand.

No!!! You have a wife who doesn't understand your passion for music???Just kidding. I think that everyone's wife is the same way.

Anyways, welcome! Looking forward to hearing your stories and experience.

Best Regards,
Stan

poppachubby
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Welcome to AR, stick around! I am a bass player and music lover too.

JoeE SP9
12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Greetings and welcome to AR. This place is full of bass players!!:rolleyes:

TheHills44060
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome dwayne...guitar player here.

harley .guy07
12-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Well what do ya know I did not realize the amount of musicians on this site. I started playing guitar at 6 and have been playing bass since around 16, I also dabble in drums as well but I don't practice them very often. Bass seems to be my most practiced instrument lately. Its just so much fun to play and there are so many styles out there to practice.

dakatabg
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
It is nice to see new members!

rob_a
12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the AR forum. I can relate with you on a couple of your topics. There is nothing better than sitting down after a long day and enjoying the sweetness of a great sounding system that is playing your favorite music.

My Girlfriend is the same way, we sat down one night to watch a movie, and after the first explosion she asked if I could turn it down :eek6: I almost asked her to leave:p Haha.

Also, I myself enjoy playing the drums and have found myself making them as a little side business.

blackraven
12-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Dwayne, how do you like your B&K? I really like the B&K sound and they make some nice equipment. I almost bought the B&K reference 200.2 amp. B&K goes really nice with Magnepan speakers. I like their darker, warmer sound.

dwayne.aycock
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I absolutely love the B&K EX 4420. It has plenty of power and is built like a tank!!!
I amp my front (Mirage M-1) with Krell on the low end and B&K EX 4420 on the upper end. The blend of the two is awesome!! Another set up I have in my music reference set up is Mirage M3 si and Mirage 260 ( I have two rooms in my basement, one for theater and the other for stereo) as main front speakers. I run the Mirage M3 with the B&K EX 4420 and the Mirage 260 with a Sonance Conamp 2120. Though a but unorthadox, the result is musical nirvana. The M3 carries the lower and middle frequencies with minimal effort when pushed with the EX 4420, but the highs are simply unbelievable with the Mirage 260, pushed with the Sonance Sonamp 2120. My wife heard me screamimg Yes, yes yes!!! and wondered in I was alone or losing my mind. I guess in the end, it was a little bit of both. I had never really been a fan of bi amping. I thought it was more ego rather than actual aural difference. I freely admit taht I am now a rabid convert to bi amping. Though this may not be true with some speakers, some amps and some wires, it is definitely true with this set up.

Hyfi
12-29-2009, 08:58 AM
I think that everyone's wife is the same way.

I'm going to have to be the exception here. My wife shares my passion and music was the first thing we had in common when we met in 1977. She helps me tweak the system, gives feedback on cable and component changes and enjoys the sound of good audio. Heck, by the time I get home from work, the dreaded headache is not to deter sex, it's due to cranking the system all day.

Hyfi
12-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Welcome Dwayne! Ex-bass player here and long time audio enthusiast.