Thanks DPM! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks DPM!

ForeverAutumn
03-27-2004, 08:46 AM
I received your Prog Attack IV disk yesterday. I'll throw it in the player today as I drive around and shop for a new briefcase....with wheels.

Don't I live an exciting life! :D

DarrenH
03-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Ya Dave, thanks.

I've listened to it a couple of times now. Like I said before, some of that stuff I already had but the new things were pretty cool. I especially liked the last track by Woodenhead. I looked them up over at Allmusic and liked what I read. They sound like they are right up my alley. I may just have to pick up Perseverance. Is that track, Ayo Aise, on another album? From what I understand, Perseverance was an all live release and that's the only album Allmusic listed.

Thanks again Dave,

Darren

DPM
03-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Ya Dave, thanks.

I've listened to it a couple of times now. Like I said before, some of that stuff I already had but the new things were pretty cool. I especially liked the last track by Woodenhead. I looked them up over at Allmusic and liked what I read. They sound like they are right up my alley. I may just have to pick up Perseverance. Is that track, Ayo Aise, on another album? From what I understand, Perseverance was an all live release and that's the only album Allmusic listed.

Thanks again Dave,

Darren

It is, indeed, a live recording, but the crowd noise is kept to an extremely low level. To me, Woodenhead sound like a mix of Dixie Dreggs, Frank Zappa, and Aquarium Rescue Unit. Call it southern fried prog.

DM

DPM
03-29-2004, 12:57 AM
I received your Prog Attack IV disk yesterday. I'll throw it in the player today as I drive around and shop for a new briefcase....with wheels.

Don't I live an exciting life! :D

Dave M