Kenwood and Chrysler speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood and Chrysler speakers

boydbl
11-30-2009, 11:23 AM
I have a set of kenwood speakers model S102U and A set of Chrysler speakers model CE-2. I came across these speakers when I was cleaning out an attic. They appear to have never been hooked up and are in their original boxes. Are these worth anything, as I have no use for them. Thanks Brian

Mr Peabody
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, they'd be worth something. Not sure how much you should ask. The Chrysler may not be worth that much but the Kenwood should bring more. Maybe get a price on a similar Kenwood, cut that in half and put an ad on Craigslist if you are in an area close enough to one. The Chrysler would be good if some one just wanted to plug and go to replace a bad one.

dakatabg
11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Too bad Kenwood doesn't make any good home systems anymore! They do only stuff for cars!

harley .guy07
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
they look like they are in really good condition for the age of these speakers. I don't know how far back they go but Audiogon has a blue book section for audio components that I have heard is pretty good, this might help tell you what they might be worth. But again I am not sure how far back in years they go for speakers. There are other sites I have seen that deal only in vintage gear and might be of some help as well, I wish I could remember the names of the sites but I can't sorry.

thekid
12-04-2009, 02:56 AM
I give both of them a listen before you let them go just in case you like their sound. Judging by the grills I would date them from around the early 70's.

I have never heard of Chrysler speakers but their condition appears to be excellent and I am curious what drivers are in them. Might be a sleeper-might be kabuki. If I was near you I might take them off your hands just based on the curiosity factor.

Kenwood is not known for their speakers and I think I have seen that model in thrifts on occasion so I don't think it is anything special but you might get $25 for them on CL.

Feanor
12-04-2009, 04:56 AM
I have a set of kenwood speakers model S102U and A set of Chrysler speakers model CE-2. I came across these speakers when I was cleaning out an attic. They appear to have never been hooked up and are in their original boxes. Are these worth anything, as I have no use for them. Thanks Brian
I've never heard of Chrysler speakers either. Are you sure they weren't pulled from a '59 DeSoto?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/De_Soto_Coupe_1959.jpg

boydbl
12-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the help. I am not sure what I am going to do with them.