What role will Schwarsenegger be remembered for most? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What role will Schwarsenegger be remembered for most?

Worf101
11-29-2009, 04:23 PM
What role will the Governator be remembered for most?

Poll time.

audio amateur
11-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I say Terminator. 3 in which he starred in and 1 where he makes an 'appearance'.

Woochifer
11-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Easily the Terminator. That was his starmaking role, and led to all those other memorable roles that came later on. If the poll was about personal favorites, I might actually vote for Commando -- just a mindless action pic that stretches Arnie's range just enough without going too far.

poppachubby
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
For anyone who knows movies, I think Conan is a close second.

thekid
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Terminator-because it has spawned a generation of comics and dudes spouting off I'll Be Back in some sort of horrible German-Austrian accent.......

JohnMichael
11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
I vote for Twins.

RGA
11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
I liked Twins too but I think he is most memorable for the Terminator - 1 and 2 and I'll try and forget number 3.

Arnold is not that bad of an actor - he does his thing well enough and has been in some entertaining movies. Twins, Kindergarten Cop, Running Man, Predator, Total Recal (I liked a lot), True Lies, Last Action Hero (which at least tried something different),

dakatabg
11-30-2009, 04:59 AM
"Terminator"

Worf101
11-30-2009, 05:31 AM
I voted for Conan. Why?

1. Arnold was at the peak of his studliness. Half nekid the whole film and bulging with muscles!!!

2. The role was more physically demanding than any other he'd done. Horseback training, sword training, you name it.

3. The role demanded much more acting than Terminator by far. His prayer to Crom before battle, while hideously vocalized, rang true.

4. Great score by Basil.

5. I read all the Conan books in the Lancer series as a kid.

Worf

audio amateur
11-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I've only seen the Terminators & Predator 1. Terminator 1 & 2 rank among my favourite films and I have to say I thought Predator was really good.

Feanor
11-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I voted for Conan. Why?

1. Arnold was at the peak of his studliness. Half nekid the whole film and bulging with muscles!!!

2. The role was more physically demanding than any other he'd done. Horseback training, sword training, you name it.

3. The role demanded much more acting than Terminator by far. His prayer to Crom before battle, while hideously vocalized, rang true.

4. Great score by Basil.

5. I read all the Conan books in the Lancer series as a kid.

Worf
True Lies was not on your list but was surely a candidate. I voted Terminator because more people will remember him for that rather True Lies or any of the others.

But as regards Conan the Barbarian, I totally agree that is great Schwartzenegger for precisely all the reasons you mentioned. :thumbsup:

Auricauricle
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I was gonna nominate True Lies for an honorable mention, at least. Very entertaining and shows AS's funny bone to boot (not to mention Jamie Lee Curtis's funny bones, too!).

(Ooops, that's mine!)

3LB
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I voted for Terminator, for all the obvious reasons. If Arnie does ever make it back to the silverscreen for one last romp, I hope its an aging Conan, and not an aging Terminator.

fave line: fock you ahssholl

Luvin Da Blues
11-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Not really a Arnold fan but I would have to say Terminator since it's the first one that comes to mind.

Worf101
12-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Not really a Arnold fan but I would have to say Terminator since it's the first one that comes to mind.
Man that is one before and after I definately DIDN'T need to see. Oucheroonies!!!!

Worf

Luvin Da Blues
12-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Man that is one before and after I definately DIDN'T need to see. Oucheroonies!!!!

Worf

Sorry 'bout that my fine four stringed AR brother. It does seem kinda offensive on any level doesn't it. I'm sure the effects of this trauma won't linger.................................for too long.

Smokey
12-01-2009, 08:38 PM
As it is evident by the poll, he most likely be rememberd with Terminator movies.

But one of my favorite movie of his is Jingle All The Way with Sinbad and Phil Hartman. The ending sucked, but the rest of movie was pretty funny.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/jinglealltheway2/42.jpg