Display not working STR-DE715 Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Display not working STR-DE715 Receiver

Greg T399
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi all new to the board been looking around looks pretty cool. The display on my old Sony receiver is not working. There is a dimmer on the display where you can turn it down to the point where the display shuts off. Problem is when you want to turn it back on theres no display to work off of. Wounder why Sony did this it should not actually turn the display off When using the dimmer:idea: . The instruction manual says you need to push set up till you get to display set up then using the digital processing buttons find dimmer then turn up the brightness Well I might as well be blind because you can't see a flippen thing. I tried just pushing buttons hope to hit the right ones. Maybe some one has one and can count how many times you hit the buttons for the display brightness. I did try resetting as well this did nothing Hope someone can help me

dakatabg
11-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I think it will be better if you contact sony!

www.sony.com and go to Service&Support at the top right side! Call or email them! They will help you! This is something that I think, no one can help you! Good Luck!!!

pixelthis
11-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi all new to the board been looking around looks pretty cool. The display on my old Sony receiver is not working. There is a dimmer on the display where you can turn it down to the point where the display shuts off. Problem is when you want to turn it back on theres no display to work off of. Wounder why Sony did this it should not actually turn the display off When using the dimmer:idea: . The instruction manual says you need to push set up till you get to display set up then using the digital processing buttons find dimmer then turn up the brightness Well I might as well be blind because you can't see a flippen thing. I tried just pushing buttons hope to hit the right ones. Maybe some one has one and can count how many times you hit the buttons for the display brightness. I did try resetting as well this did nothing Hope someone can help me

If it is very old and you can't live with it, then toss it and get a new one.
Which won't be much more than fixing that one, might be cheaper.:1: