King Crimson:Absent Lovers- Don't hate me but... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : King Crimson:Absent Lovers- Don't hate me but...

3-LockBox
03-26-2004, 11:45 PM
I really dig those electronic drums. Hyfi's comp, <i>The Many Skins Of Bruford</i>, has three songs on it from (I'm guessing) the <i>Absent Lovers</i> disc, which are 'Frame By Frame', 'Indiscipline', and 'Red', which are all very killer, and all have that very '80s elctro-drum sound, which I'd grown to hate over the decade, but it sounds cool here.

Can anyone else here comment on <i>Absent Lovers</i>?

Hyfi
03-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Both disks are great. Good sonics for a live recording too. Glad you had a chance to go back and enjoy it again. Disk one leans more to the older stuff while disk 2 breaks into the experimental stage. I actually like the studio versions of the tracks from Beat & Discipline but again for a live gig, it rocks. There is also some video footage and other things on the enhanced disk 1.

DarrenH
03-27-2004, 10:16 AM
I really like Absent Lovers.

Recorded July 11th 1984, the final performance of the 80's lineup. King Crimson would not perform live again until 1994 and with a different lineup. Incidently, that concert is available as B'Boom, in case your interested.

Damn good show. Well recorded. Great selection of tunes. Gotta love Bruford and Levin. And of course Belew and Fripp. The second best Krim lineup. Gunn, Mastelloto, Belew and Fripp was the best, imho of course.

Darren