Free 45s! There's just one catch... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Free 45s! There's just one catch...

Finch Platte
11-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Well, 2 catches- you have to have an LP to CD burner. :biggrin5:

I'll send you these promo 45s I've garnered over the past year, you burn them onto a CD for me, and send the CD back to me. You keep the 45s as my gift. :^D

Here's the list- I haven't heard any of these, and I'll bet there's a couple of clunkers in there. But the John Mayer version of Tom Petty's Free Fallin' HAS to be killer, right? Goes without sayin'.

Jayhawks- Blue b/w Darling Today
Weezer- I Want You To b/w I Woke Up In Love this Morning*
The Dead Weather- Treat Me Like Your Mother b/w You Just Can't Win
Karen O & The Kids- All Is Love b/w Hideaway (from the movie Where The Wild Things Are)
John Mayer- Who Says b/w Free Fallin'
Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Zero b/w Zero (Animal Collective Remix)
The Grouch & Eligh- All In b/w Euphoria
Kid Kudi- Day 'n' Night, Original & Crooker's Remix
Matt & Kim- Daylight b/w Daylight (Lord Warddd remix)
Jack Johnson- Living In The Moment b/w Let It Be Sung
Say Anything- Hate Everyone b/w Truth Serum
Hollywood Undead- Pain/The Natives/Knife Called Lust/The Loss

Deal? Lemme know.

*Partridge Family, baby!

poppachubby
11-25-2009, 10:58 AM
hmmmmmmm......

Stone
11-25-2009, 11:15 AM
If chubby doesn't want to take it on, I'll do it.

Troy
11-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I'll give you a dollar for the rug.

That would really tie the room together.

audio amateur
11-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Day 'n' Night was bangin' all summer long. Great club track ;)

poppachubby
11-25-2009, 11:40 AM
All yours Stone, I'm still working on a project for "nobody".

Finch Platte
11-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I'll give you a dollar for the rug.

That would really tie the room together.

Make it $2, and it's yours.

It's a magic carpet, know wut I mean? *nudge nudge, wink wink*

MindGoneHaywire
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Stone, I owe nobody something I promised him long ago that I didn't deliver but it wasn't something he was dying to have. Nonetheless, I don't like saying I'm going to do something & not do it.

I've got a pile myself. And I do have an LP -> burner, but getting that done is just not something I have the time for when I'm able to do stuff like that, which is rare. So unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to send some your way as well.

I'll make sure it goes out the same day I get the disc out to nobody I said I was sending him probably more than a year ago at this point.

Unlike Finch I have no idea what the hell these are.

If you don't want 'em, no hard feelings! I would hope there's something decent in there. Whaddaya say?

nobody
11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Don't worry Stone, totally forgot you said you were sendin' me anything.

Hey chub, got that program set up, now just gotta dump some stuff in there.

Stone
11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Stone, I owe nobody something I promised him long ago that I didn't deliver but it wasn't something he was dying to have. Nonetheless, I don't like saying I'm going to do something & not do it.

I've got a pile myself. And I do have an LP -> burner, but getting that done is just not something I have the time for when I'm able to do stuff like that, which is rare. So unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to send some your way as well.

I'll make sure it goes out the same day I get the disc out to nobody I said I was sending him probably more than a year ago at this point.

Unlike Finch I have no idea what the hell these are.

If you don't want 'em, no hard feelings! I would hope there's something decent in there. Whaddaya say?

Send 'em, and I'll burn them for you. I'll PM my address to you and to Finch.

nobody
11-25-2009, 05:46 PM
oops...that's why didn't remember it...wrong person...yeah, a bit fuzzy tonight...and getting ready to head back out....

Now i do remember something...don't remember what but I remember looking forward to it.

poppachubby
11-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Don't worry Stone, totally forgot you said you were sendin' me anything.

Hey chub, got that program set up, now just gotta dump some stuff in there.

Do you have access to the AR folder? BTW, I got my Music Hall stage and it's everything I was hoping it would be. It lives in the mid range with super detailed bass and lows. Very quiet and able to bring out much subtlety.

I'm confident this thing is IT. Not sure if I told you but I rewired my PL-516 with super fat inter connects. Went from the stock 26 awg to a big fat 10. Anyhow the combination of new connects and pre amp is makin for some sweet phono action. The recordings should turn out perfect now. I'll start cranking them out once we have our folder ready.