Sorry Richie [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Richie

pixelthis
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Hope this gets to you in whichever institution on whose walls you're bouncing off of,
but sorry Rich.
See, I still think DLP is dead, but man does it look good.
In the TV place I went to they had a line of MITSHUBISHI DLP sets, ranging from 1200
all the way to 4995(looked like the box the UN bulding came in).
And the picture was stunning.
AND while I was waiting on my receiver a hot chick came in and looked at the 4995
set, and told the salesman she was having second thoughts on it, because
of the way it "pooched out" in the back.
HATE TO SEE THIS GOOD LOOKING FORMAT FADE AWAY, even if the bulbs
are posionous and can kill you if you're not carefull changing them.
Might even go back and get the 60" when the receivers' paid down a bit.
NICE OF mitshu to support this form factor, they make some good stuff.:1:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Hope this gets to you in whichever institution on whose walls you're bouncing off of,
but sorry Rich.
See, I still think DLP is dead, but man does it look good.
In the TV place I went to they had a line of MITSHUBISHI DLP sets, ranging from 1200
all the way to 4995(looked like the box the UN bulding came in).
And the picture was stunning.
AND while I was waiting on my receiver a hot chick came in and looked at the 4995
set, and told the salesman she was having second thoughts on it, because
of the way it "pooched out" in the back.
HATE TO SEE THIS GOOD LOOKING FORMAT FADE AWAY, even if the bulbs
are posionous and can kill you if you're not carefull changing them.
Might even go back and get the 60" when the receivers' paid down a bit.
NICE OF mitshu to support this form factor, they make some good stuff.:1:

Pix, a hot chick comes in and poo poo's a DLP set, and that makes it inferior to what exactly? So the chick is more into aesthetics than performance, that is not a knock on DLP technology is it?

Funny thing is, it may be fading away for the consumer, but it is doing big business in movie theaters. The profit margins are much higher there than in the consumer market, and right now DLP is dominant in that field. When it comes to 3D, DLP is the best at it right now.

Rich's job is in no danger, and there is nothing wrong with DLP technology.

pixelthis
11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Pix, a hot chick comes in and poo poo's a DLP set, and that makes it inferior to what exactly? So the chick is more into aesthetics than performance, that is not a knock on DLP technology is it?

Funny thing is, it may be fading away for the consumer, but it is doing big business in movie theaters. The profit margins are much higher there than in the consumer market, and right now DLP is dominant in that field. When it comes to 3D, DLP is the best at it right now.

Rich's job is in no danger, and there is nothing wrong with DLP technology.

What I am trying to say, basically, while pointing out its one disadvantage.
And nothing wrong with DLP, but compared to LCD its not nearly as elegant, what with color wheels, wider cabinets, etc.
Which is kinda sad, because its got the best picture hands down, and well worth the trouble, at least for PQ fanatics.
But still doomed, probably, at least as far as RPTV goes.
But the 1200 dollar mitshubishi I saw (60") would certainly be worth the trouble.:1:

GMichael
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
What I am trying to say, basically, while pointing out its one disadvantage.
And nothing wrong with DLP, but compared to LCD its not nearly as elegant, what with color wheels, wider cabinets, etc.
Which is kinda sad, because its got the best picture hands down, and well worth the trouble, at least for PQ fanatics.
But still doomed, probably, at least as far as RPTV goes.
But the 1200 dollar mitshubishi I saw (60") would certainly be worth the trouble.:1:

As long as you're living on the ground floor.:smilewinkgrin:

I was planning on a DLP TV before our house was finished. A projector seems so much easier to carry up the stairs though. DLP projectors were too high at the time, but a good 1080p can be had for $1000 to $1500 these days. IMO DLP is the way to go for a front projector at this time.

BadAssJazz
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
How much was the hot looking chick going for again???

pixelthis
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
How much was the hot looking chick going for again???

MORE than you make in a year.
You couldnt keep gas in her Mercedes.
Anyway I have another 1500 left on the acct, and that 1299 dlp(best buy didnt have one)
is looking better all the time, 60 inches and all.
Size does matter in HT.
And I would consider a front projector but they don't work well in closets.
I don't live in a closet, my place isnt that expansive.
Saw a portable projector for 99 bucks, might try that.:1: