Complete HT setup under $900 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Complete HT setup under $900

Mingus
11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Just install in my daughter's room with a new HT setup. It consist of a Sony 32" 720p tv, Sony BDP S350 Blu ray player and Onkyo HT-S3200 5.1-Channel Home Entertainment Receiver/Speaker Package. The Sony stuff is refurbish models purchase at the Sony outlet. I hope I didn't make a mistake with the refurbish stuff from Sony. Anyway she's a happy camper. The system works very well with great PQ and sound. The repalces her Trutech 21" hdtv/DVD combo and Sharper Image CD player.

Invader3k
11-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I've always heard good things about the Onkyo HTIB systems. Seems like they're a great value for the money, and have the advantage of being upgradeable for the future if you want.

dakatabg
11-24-2009, 06:45 PM
You got a great system! Onkyo is one of the best! I love the subwoofer that comes in the package!

AVMASTER
12-07-2009, 07:02 AM
just curious, but how is the blu-ray player connected to the system?

Mingus
12-10-2009, 11:01 AM
For the blu ray player connection I would need an optical or coax cable to pass the audio. The hdmi for Onkyo only pass through the video. That's the only negative with this unit. I knew about this before I purchased it. For me that's not a big deal considering the price and the great reviews I've read.