Any one waiting on Mahogany Rush to be on CD? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any one waiting on Mahogany Rush to be on CD?

Mr Peabody
11-19-2009, 10:38 PM
I know a few titles have come and gone. I have several LP's. My favorite is What's Next which was on CD at one time but I missed it. It's been a long time since I checked but by chance I looked on Amazon tonight and saw several new CD's. It looks like they are taking three albums and spreading them across two discs. So I picked up Live/Tales of Unexpected/What's Next. Thought I'd put the word out in case any other Mahogany Rush fans out there. There are a few of these threesomes available.

I saw a couple titles I wasn't aware of, Eye Of The Storm sounded pretty good, any one know what year this is originally from? Any good?

poppachubby
11-20-2009, 02:59 AM
I LOOOOVE Frank Marino. I have a heap of vinyl. I ripped it all to disc, sounds great. Do you ever rip your vinyl Peabody?

Hyfi
11-20-2009, 05:08 AM
I saw Frank Marino last year with a small crowd of a few hundred. He wouldn't stop playing. I was enjoying it but actually left before he finished up a 3.5 hour set with endless solos.

MR has some kickass tunes.

Mr Peabody
11-20-2009, 06:09 AM
I bought a USB turntable with intent to rip some vinyl, if nothing else to mp3 but can't seem to find the time to do it. If I was ripping for the purpose of making a CD I'd like to use my main table but not set up for it. I've had computer for a while but still really a novice.

Wow, Frank must really still like playing. Under appreciated artist in my book. Not sure why.

To hijack my own thread, any Pat Travers?

flippo
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I downloaded (I know, not as good as CD) Full circle and Eye of the storm and enjoy both.
I believe Full circle came out in the 90's and Eye of storm in the last 10 years, don't take as gospel though.

poppachubby
11-23-2009, 03:24 AM
I bought a USB turntable with intent to rip some vinyl, if nothing else to mp3 but can't seem to find the time to do it. If I was ripping for the purpose of making a CD I'd like to use my main table but not set up for it. I've had computer for a while but still really a novice.

Wow, Frank must really still like playing. Under appreciated artist in my book. Not sure why.

To hijack my own thread, any Pat Travers?

You are half way there. I can rip with either of my tables. I just rip while i listen and that's the difference from it being work. Once its done, a bit of editing and voila!

Mr Peabody
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
No Pat Travers? Snortin' Whiskey & Drinking Cocaine, Boom Boom... Out Go The Lights etc. Probably the live album or Heat In The Street are the most consistent. I've got him covered so I'm not sure about a anthology.

musicman1999
11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
mr P

how are you, i got to see Mahogany Rush back in the mid to late 70's, they were the opening act for someone, don't remember who, but they were incredible. Don't have any of his music, but i think i will seek some out.

cheers
bill

Mr Peabody
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Bill! how are ya? It's good to see you again. I thought you deserted us. I'd recommend the title I got, it includes my two favorite albums, Live & What's Next. What's Next is killer. Something's Coming Our Way should have been a classic. I guess not so many blazing songs make it to classic and especially if they're never heard :)

musicman1999
11-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I am good, thank you, hope all is well with you as well. I think i will seek out some of their stuff. No desertion, i still pop in every once in a while and have a look around. Just added a Moon I-3 integrated to my rig and like it a lot. It handles music duty and runs the mains for HT duty.

bill

Mr Peabody
11-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Is the Moon preamp section better than the Anthem?

musicman1999
11-27-2009, 06:52 PM
The Moon is better, but the Anthem is pretty good. Think of it like this, the Anthem makes great sound, but the Moon makes great music.

bill

Mr Peabody
11-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Bill, I know what you are saying and that's a great way to put it.

I got my Mahogany Rush set in. The albums are remastered and they did an excellent job. The quality is fuller and more balanced than the original recordings. The background is quiet as well. I had forgotten how many covers this band had done. Their live version of Johnny B Good is my favorite cover by them, or anyone. Certainly a smokin' R&R set. It's a shame not many have heard What's Next. Songs like Something's Coming Our Way and Loved By You.... Not sure why Frank didn't get the recognition he deserved. Some one told me once that Frank used to claim he was possessed by the spirit of Hendricks. I could see how something like that could back fire on you, no matter how good you might be. I had forgotten too that one side of Tale Of The Unexpected was live, so this set has plenty of live material.