Go KU! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Go KU!

Jim Clark
03-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Hope your team is hanging in there. Haven't gotten too worked up over the Kansas BB team's success, or lack thereof, this year knowing that it isn't nearly as strong as more recent teams. If they win tonight they will have overacheived in my opinion. 'course nobody expected anything in 88 either. Too bad Manning is on the bench this time around. This year we knew we were in for a rocky road watching the preseason games! Little comfort in the knowledge that Nevada is still in the tournament. Too be truthful we were shell shocked at the pounding KU took from them but that has been tempered lately by their surprising (to me) success.

Good luck and I hope you clean up on the office pools.

jc

DarrenH
03-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Gonzaga didn't go farther.

Michigan made it to the final four......

of the NIT.

They beat Missouri and Oklahoma to get there. No gimmies there.

They got farther than I thought they would.

Up next is Oregon. Damn Ducks beat our football team last year.

Go Blue!

Stone
03-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Michigan made it to the final four......

of the NIT.

They beat Missouri and Oklahoma to get there. No gimmies there.

They got farther than I thought they would.

Up next is Oregon. Damn Ducks beat our football team last year.

Go Blue!

We're looking at a potential ISU - U of M finale.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jtunnell/Images/cyclones.gif

newtrix1
03-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Hope your team is hanging in there. Haven't gotten too worked up over the Kansas BB team's success, or lack thereof, this year knowing that it isn't nearly as strong as more recent teams. If they win tonight they will have overacheived in my opinion. 'course nobody expected anything in 88 either. Too bad Manning is on the bench this time around. This year we knew we were in for a rocky road watching the preseason games! Little comfort in the knowledge that Nevada is still in the tournament. Too be truthful we were shell shocked at the pounding KU took from them but that has been tempered lately by their surprising (to me) success.

Good luck and I hope you clean up on the office pools.

jc

I'm not a born-n-raised local of this region by any means, but it's hard not to get caught up with the local excitement over St. Jo's success this year. I can't even claim to be a big hoops fan, but watching this team is fun. I'll be rooting for them as far as they go.

Btw Jim (off topic a bit), There's been a Kingsford Charcoal TV commercial running here lately which interviews people at some BBQ cookoff in Lenexa Kansas! I LOL when I first saw it.

Jim Clark
03-27-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm not a born-n-raised local of this region by any means, but it's hard not to get caught up with the local excitement over St. Jo's success this year. I can't even claim to be a big hoops fan, but watching this team is fun. I'll be rooting for them as far as they go.

Btw Jim (off topic a bit), There's been a Kingsford Charcoal TV commercial running here lately which interviews people at some BBQ cookoff in Lenexa Kansas! I LOL when I first saw it.

Seen that one, actually it takes place about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away from my house. Thought the commercial would be out of rotation by now.

So, reading the long gone RR's post and now this, things are starting to click. Am I the last one to know that you're back on the board? This is assuming of course that you're who I think you are. If so-sorry-I can be real slow.

Anyway, to get back on (off) topic, Kansas pounded the living daylights out of UAB. 40 minutes of hell alright, just not the way UAB intended.

jc

newtrix1
03-27-2004, 08:08 PM
So, reading the long gone RR's post and now this, things are starting to click. Am I the last one to know that you're back on the board? This is assuming of course that you're who I think you are. If so-sorry-I can be real slow.

Anyway, to get back on (off) topic, Kansas pounded the living daylights out of UAB. 40 minutes of hell alright, just not the way UAB intended.

jc

I think I'm who you think I am, assuming you think I'm me.... :confused:

Oh well, I guess I jinxed St. Jo's earlier today :(, can I jump on Kansas' bandwagon now?

Dusty Chalk
03-27-2004, 08:38 PM
So, reading the long gone RR's post and now this, things are starting to click. Am I the last one to know that you're back on the board? This is assuming of course that you're who I think you are. If so-sorry-I can be real slow.No, you're not. I didn't even know that I should know enough to know that I should know that I know, knowhutImean?

Or should I?

Jim Clark
03-28-2004, 08:04 AM
can I jump on Kansas' bandwagon now?

All Aboard!

jc

Swish
03-28-2004, 08:23 AM
I think I'm who you think I am, assuming you think I'm me.... :confused:

Oh well, I guess I jinxed St. Jo's earlier today :(, can I jump on Kansas' bandwagon now?
but what can you do? Now I know who you are, at least I'm fairly certain based on your location.

As for NCAAs, I have OK State going all the way in my pool, although I really wanted St. Joe's to win it all. KU and UConn are both great teams, but KU seems to choke so often at this level (or even sooner), so I was afraid to pick them any deeper than the round of 8.

Swish

Jim Clark
03-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Ughh.

jc

Swish
03-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Ughh.

jc

They really didn't belong at this level based on their #4 seed, and it took overtime with the #3 seed to beat them, so walk proud. They had a successful season and only one team can win it all, so WTF are you gonna do?

Swish, who still has OK State to run the table.

jack70
03-31-2004, 08:44 AM
Another year of crazy hoop-la here in this state, as both the men and women are in the final-4. Truly March Madness... fans, TV, papers are (yet again) maxed out with it all.

Duke women (#1 in the country) were knocked off by MN last night in a great basketball game (2 in a row for MN)... Suzy Walen is one of the spunkiest players I've seen this year, men or women. We'll play them (MN) this Sun in trying to win our 3'rd Nat Ch in a row. Our guys will go after Puke this Sat... a MOST-hated name around these parts... LOL.

Jim, your Kansas team lost to a very good team (G Tech) that beat us (UConn) early in the season. Of course we had 2 of our best players out of that game... but they are very quick and intense, and worthy to make the final-4.

Now you can root for UConn (ferget yer neighbor-team OK ST)... we need all the mojo we can get! If we can play our A-game, I like our chances against anyone. The thing is, you never know if you got outta bed with your A-game until the ball goes up.

BTW, our(CT) old Athletic Director who went to Kansas last year, just hired a new women's hoops coach for you. Stole her from our conference too... LOL. While he was at UConn, he not only helped the hoops program, but got football into div-1A, and the men's and womens soccer into the final-4 (&nat ch), along with field hockey & track. You're in good hands, even if he's a bit of an ogre at times.

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Bonnie Henrickson of Virginia Tech was hired as the women's basketball coach at Kansas, which has won just five of its last 48 Big 12 games.....

Jim Clark
03-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Another year of crazy hoop-la here in this state, as both the men and women are in the final-4. Truly March Madness... fans, TV, papers are (yet again) maxed out with it all.

Duke women (#1 in the country) were knocked off by MN last night in a great basketball game (2 in a row for MN)... Suzy Walen is one of the spunkiest players I've seen this year, men or women. We'll play them (MN) this Sun in trying to win our 3'rd Nat Ch in a row. Our guys will go after Puke this Sat... a MOST-hated name around these parts... LOL.

Jim, your Kansas team lost to a very good team (G Tech) that beat us (UConn) early in the season. Of course we had 2 of our best players out of that game... but they are very quick and intense, and worthy to make the final-4.

Now you can root for UConn (ferget yer neighbor-team OK ST)... we need all the mojo we can get! If we can play our A-game, I like our chances against anyone. The thing is, you never know if you got outta bed with your A-game until the ball goes up.

BTW, our(CT) old Athletic Director who went to Kansas last year, just hired a new women's hoops coach for you. Stole her from our conference too... LOL. While he was at UConn, he not only helped the hoops program, but got football into div-1A, and the men's and womens soccer into the final-4 (&nat ch), along with field hockey & track. You're in good hands, even if he's a bit of an ogre at times.

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Bonnie Henrickson of Virginia Tech was hired as the women's basketball coach at Kansas, which has won just five of its last 48 Big 12 games.....

Perkins introduced the new coach as the "new head of the Huskies". Oops.

Hey, most of us around here knew the KS team wasn't that hot this year so everything after the 2 round was gravy. I have Uconn winning in my brackets although my preference would have to be Cowboys based only the tragic crash that so adversely impacted that team. For a story book ending I pick OSU but I don't think anyone can beat Uconn. Course I've been wrong a lot this year, what you said about that A game is so true.

jc