No Sympathy! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : No Sympathy!

blackraven
11-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Nicolas Cage is broke! http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20091117/b154168/

I have no sympathy for overpaid actors and athletes who make millions of dollars and end up broke! Its amazing that they can't have some self control and hire a good conservative finacial advisor.

dakatabg
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah for him to be broke is to drop from 500 million to 20 million and he is broke! Look at some of the stuff he has:

And what did he spend it on? Levin gives a breakdown that includes "15 palatial homes around the world, four yachts, an island in the Bahamas, a Gulfstream jet, millions of dollars in jewelry and art."

Three mansions that cost a total of $33 million, including two castles in England and Germany that required millions in renovations "just to make them habitable."
22 automobiles, including nine Rolls-Royces
47 pieces of art work and exotic items
Huge sums spent on "sizeable entourage on costly vacations" and "enormous Gatsby-scale parties."

If he sells all this stuff he will be rich again and there will be more and more things we don't even know!

Feanor
11-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Nicolas Cage is broke! http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20091117/b154168/

I have no sympathy for overpaid actors and athletes who make millions of dollars and end up broke! Its amazing that they can't have some self control and hire a good conservative finacial advisor.
No! His plight is breaking my heart. :17:

But then I feel sorry for Bernie Madoff too. :sad:

02audionoob
11-18-2009, 05:51 AM
You wanna talk about being broke...Mrs. Madoff settled for $2.5 million.

ForeverAutumn
11-18-2009, 06:41 AM

What a tool.

Auricauricle
11-18-2009, 06:53 AM
I agree with daka: one big garage sale and a coupla autographed lamps and such will bring things back in the black in no time!

nightflier
11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I think the bigger point is that Nicholas Cage is one of many celebrities feeling the pinch of a shrinking economy and the excesses of a lifestyle that this economy can longer support. I think there's a lot of Hollywood fat cats who need to make some changes. I've always believed it to be rather obnoxious how a few actors can get paid outragiously well, while the vast majority don't. Maybe if we stop treating them like royalty, and stop paying top dollar for formula-plot drivel, they'll stop acting like spoiled princes. And some of the highest paid actors aren't even that good. Will Smith? Angeline Jolie? Are they really worth $40M a movie? In this economy? Maybe we need to rethink our values a bit.

ForeverAutumn
11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
What I would give to have Cage's "problem". :rolleyes:

nightflier
11-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Baldness?