New Member [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Member

dannotubes
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I thought I would post a new message to say Hello.
I have just joined the forum. I live in London Ontario Canada.
I'm mainly into restoring vintage tube equipment.
I am one of the co-moderators of the Yahoo Eico club. I presently have a pair of HF60 Eico tube power amps and an Eico HF85 tube preamp. These are all restoed with new power supply capacitors, Auricaps for the signal path etc.
I still enjoy LP as we have over 1000 titles, mainly purchased in the late 60's 70's and 80's.
I have a Linn LP12 turntable with an Ekos arm which is now about 20 years old.
I found this club through a local fellow that emailed me about a Golden Tube amplifier.
Thanks for having me as a member.

poppachubby
11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes, I am that fellow!! Good to see you came Dan. Man, cudos on the table. There's a heap of vinyl lovers here with a wide variety of tables. Although there's not alot of tube love, you should find enough audio content to keep your interest. Personally, I've been turned on to a few new things as a result of this site. Chat soon...

JohnMichael
11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome to AudioReview! Always happy to welcome a new member with a turntable.

JohnMichael
11-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, I am that fellow!! Good to see you came Dan. Although there's not alot of tube love here, you should find enough audio content to keep your interest. Personally, I've been turned on to a few new things as a result of this site. Chat soon...

Oh and we never judge by the company you keep.:lol:

poppachubby
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh and we never judge by the company you keep.:lol:

Very good, I have no come back.

JohnMichael
11-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Very good, I have no come back.

Seriously glad you are bringing new members to the site. Good job!

poppachubby
11-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Seriously glad you are bringing new members to the site. Good job!

Actually, I have Dan lined up to refurb the Golden Tube that Adam is selling me. Check out his site with some of his work. Brilliant stuff...

http://sites.google.com/site/vintagetubeaudio/

dannotubes
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys, I haven't had much time to look over the site yet, but it looks interesting.