Thriller vs Smooth Criminal: The Showdown [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thriller vs Smooth Criminal: The Showdown

poppachubby
11-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Well, it's music related. A mate of mine was over with a Micheal Jackson DVD of his videos. We ended up debating for a couple of hours. The topic? Which video has the better choregraphy, Thriller or Smooth Criminal?

Personally, I am for Smooth Criminal. Based solely on moves and originality, Smooth Criminal built on Thriller and surpassed it. Dancers think and move in beats, since SC is a tad faster than Thriller, the movements are quicker and more precise.

The routine for the chorus makes me want to get up and dance. That move where they grab their hats and dip their heads to a couple of beats?!? Boom!! How do you top that?

I don't know how to put a screen in the post, so I have provided links to YouTube.

Before you vote, keep in mind we are discussing choreography here, not video concept or anything else.

Smooth Criminal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU

Thriller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

May the best moves win!!

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2892.gif (http://avatars.jurko.net)

Troy
11-13-2009, 04:55 PM
You know how MJ looked at the end of the Thriller video? I bet he looks like that now.

Finch Platte
11-18-2009, 11:43 AM
You know how MJ looked at the end of the Thriller video? I bet he looks like that now.

I'm having a ham sandwich from Subway.

Jim Clark
11-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Sorry man.

I've never even heard of Smooth Criminal until now. Never seen the video and I ain't about to change that for anyone.

I wouldn't say no to a ham sandwich though.

jc

Finch Platte
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry man.

I've never even heard of Smooth Criminal until now. Never seen the video and I ain't about to change that for anyone.

jc

Not just any ham- Black Forest Ham (italics mine, all mine).

poppachubby
11-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Sorry man.

jc

Well apparently it was enough to prompt a post out of you. I think I will keep a running count.

"The Jim Clark Reply Counter" --- 1

As for the topic, just for kicks, been boring around here lately, but I seem to have offended everyone's avant garde sentiments. What?!? Hey did you see what Poppa Chubby just said?

Finch Platte
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
...but I seem to have offended everyone's avant garde sentiments. What?!? Hey did you see what Poppa Chubby just said?

Naw, Michael's offensive allll by itself.

Jim Clark
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Well apparently it was enough to prompt a post out of you. I think I will keep a running count.

"The Jim Clark Reply Counter" --- 1

As for the topic, just for kicks, been boring around here lately, but I seem to have offended everyone's avant garde sentiments. What?!? Hey did you see what Poppa Chubby just said?

Nah, you're ok bud.

Just some of the good natured ribbing that goes on around here.

Oh, I post here (when I have the time) these doods are aok. You'll see.

And you can give yourself a bonus reply by counting the following:

"it may turn out that you don't like how Klipsch speakers are voiced. It happens. Personally I think you have to go a very long way to find a speaker nearly as dynamic. Do they and have they made some crappy speakers? 'course they have. Still I think they'd match up exceptionally well with your Golden Tube amp. They ain't free but a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers would be simply awesome. Perhaps something out of the current round up would work nicely too but I honestly don't think too much of the craftsmanship of the RF line in general. They used to pride themselves on some quality cabinetry but that seems to have fallen to the wayside with cost savings winning out. Now I wouldn't say that about the Legend line but the rest doesn't float my boat. And don't even get me started on the line of crap they sell at Best Buy.

oh, The guy who said "I can see how Klipsch would appeal to an audio noob" was speaking pure and utter nonsense. I could go further but I lack the time and desire to get into it with anyone. There was a time though...

jc

poppachubby
11-18-2009, 04:54 PM
See what happens when you keep it all inside Jim? Let it out, let it all out little guy!! I'm here for you, tell the Chubbmeister all your darkest, inner most audio hatred.

Thanks for the tips. Never owned any Klipsch, opinions are such a mixed bag. Check out E-Stat's tip, from a guy who doesn't care for horns...http://www.tektondesign.com/model65.htm

"Jim Clark Reply Counter"---1.5

Jim Clark
11-19-2009, 06:21 AM
See what happens when you keep it all inside Jim? Let it out, let it all out little guy!! I'm here for you, tell the Chubbmeister all your darkest, inner most audio hatred.

Thanks for the tips. Never owned any Klipsch, opinions are such a mixed bag. Check out E-Stat's tip, from a guy who doesn't care for horns...http://www.tektondesign.com/model65.htm

"Jim Clark Reply Counter"---1.5

I'm sorry, Chubbmeister? I've got to tell you that I don't see that happening : (

And there's no hatred, it's all good. I can prove it, right there under my name it says "all around good guy". It has to be true.

PM me your addy and I'll rush off some avant garde crap to listen to. This is RR old skool style.

jc

poppachubby
11-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm sorry, Chubbmeister? I've got to tell you that I don't see that happening : (

And there's no hatred, it's all good. I can prove it, right there under my name it says "all around good guy". It has to be true.

PM me your addy and I'll rush off some avant garde crap to listen to. This is RR old skool style.

jc

uuuuhhhhhhh ya. Hey have you heard of DropBox? Not a band, an application? Finch and I are sharing a folder currently, get signed up and we can add you...

02audionoob
11-19-2009, 06:51 AM
The guy who said "I can see how Klipsch would appeal to an audio noob" was speaking pure and utter nonsense.

Jim...Perhaps a closer reading of that thread would be in order. The reply said "I do understand why audionoob would say..." Then have a look at the author's name on the reply immediately above.

Chubbs...I voted for Smooth Criminal. Thriller was great, but your criterion was choreography...

poppachubby
11-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Jim...Perhaps a closer reading of that thread would be in order. The reply said "I do understand why audionoob would say..." Then have a look at the author's name on the reply immediately above.

Chubbs...I voted for Smooth Criminal. Thriller was great, but your criterion was choreography...

Everything else went downhill for him except his dancing ability.

Jim Clark
11-19-2009, 08:19 AM

I don't have time to read all the words! :blush2: I'm supposed to be working!!

dang that reading comprehension.

jc