Is it OK to use RCA-male-to-2-RCA-female jack [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to use RCA-male-to-2-RCA-female jack

videotree
03-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Does anyone try to use 3 RCA-male-to-2-RCA-female jacks to connect 2 component video cables into a componet video port? I currently connect the only component video port from my HD tuner to the TV, and I would like to plit it into my projector as well. I you experienced any visible loss of quality, please post. Thanks!

mtrycraft
03-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Does anyone try to use 3 RCA-male-to-2-RCA-female jacks to connect 2 component video cables into a componet video port? I currently connect the only component video port from my HD tuner to the TV, and I would like to plit it into my projector as well. I you experienced any visible loss of quality, please post. Thanks!

Do you use a receiver? does it have component video inputs and out? That will do the switching for you. Radio Shack may have a video switcher.

videotree
03-27-2004, 07:54 AM
I have a JVC switch which accept 2 component video ins, but only has 1 component video out.

mtrycraft
03-27-2004, 09:53 PM
I have a JVC switch which accept 2 component video ins, but only has 1 component video out.

Ah, now I see what you are trying to do, switch to two playback units. You'll have to use a switcher in reverse. Try Radio Shack?