PDA

View Full Version : New post

Finch Platte
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Not one post since yesterday?

C'mon! :19:

Troy
11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Cool! Now my wife can make Trucker Bombs too!

dakatabg
11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
WOW! Nice one!

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2009, 05:57 AM
You've got to be kidding me! :shocked:

Slosh
11-13-2009, 06:27 AM
My YEC is almost ready. I'm waiting for:

Swish
11-13-2009, 07:16 AM
My YEC is almost ready. I'm waiting for:

...sounds like a keeper. Has this already been released and you're waiting for delivery?

Swish
11-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Not one post since yesterday?

C'mon! :19:

All the greatest music was recorded back in the late 70s and 80s, so why do we even bother?

Stone
11-13-2009, 07:42 AM
All the greatest music was recorded back in the late 70s and 80s, so why do we even bother?

You are correct, but there are reissues and remasters to blab on about endlessly, such as the new Devo remasters.

Slosh
11-13-2009, 08:41 AM
...sounds like a keeper. Has this already been released and you're waiting for delivery?It was supposed to be released sometime in Sept.

Then Oct. 6.

Then Nov. 10.

Don't know what the delay is but it has been paid for months ago and I'm still waiting. :mad:

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM

Well, maybe you can answer this question for me then.

I want to make a GooGoo Dolls comp. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to to just take the songs that were radio hits and put them on a comp, or do I have to use deeper cuts? What are the rules regarding this? I'd really liked to hear only the songs that were hits. But then I could just listen to the radio more if I wanted to hear those songs. So should I use the songs that don't get played on the radio instead? Even though I don't like those songs as much and don't really want to listen to them?

Finch Platte
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
...new Devo remasters.

:biggrin5:

Finch Platte
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM

I want to make a GooGoo Dolls comp. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to to just take the songs that were radio hits and put them on a comp, or do I have to use deeper cuts? What are the rules regarding this? I'd really liked to hear only the songs that were hits. But then I could just listen to the radio more if I wanted to hear those songs. So should I use the songs that don't get played on the radio instead? Even though I don't like those songs as much and don't really want to listen to them?

How many hits did they have, like 3?

I'd make the damn thing 80 minutes long, interspersing the hits w/ the misses, making the hits sound even better. You can always fast-forward, you know. :rolleyes5:

fp (quantity, not quality)

Mr MidFi
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Ah, sweet memories of a better, vanished time.

Wait... have you guys heard the new one from The Church? After Everything, Now This? Feel the chills, man, feel the chills!!!

3LB
11-13-2009, 03:57 PM

You could just make a comp of all their good songs, which will save a buncha time, not to mention a CD-R

Stone
11-14-2009, 02:14 PM
FA, just want you to know your joke wasn't lost on everyone.

Hard to believe Finch doesn't remember toliveandpukeinnewyork.

ForeverAutumn
11-14-2009, 06:02 PM

Thanks Stone. :)

tentoze
11-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Heck, even I remember that.

MindGoneHaywire
11-15-2009, 10:27 AM
That guy was also prone to flogging some singer-songwriter whose name I can't recall, Peter something, I think, but if it makes any sense I believe his last name seemed Greek. Anyway...I'm not even sure if he did this here or not, but it was done often on the Asylum, at the very least.

A year or two after he seemed to cease and desist with the excited proclamations that this guy was like a new Dylan, only better, a copy of this sonic delight crossed my desk.

I wish I could say it sucked rocks. I even sort of wish I could say I liked it, or even sort of liked it. I couldn't even bring myself to dislike it. It was too much of a nonentity, too painfully mediocre. And I was expecting a whopping turd.

That would have at least been entertaining.

I listened to the songs I long ago culled from the Goo Goo Dolls' first three albums as consolation.

tentoze
11-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Jay, if I was at home, I could find that album, as I had the same basic story- found it for a buck or 2- thought the guy's name was Stephen something or other that started with a D, mebbe Delopolous, or close to that. Called Me Not Talk Funny, or something equally as mundane. A snoozer.

3LB
11-16-2009, 06:18 AM

I remembered the style of post, but the name of the poster eluded me...yeah, I got the joke...she did say Goo Goo Dolls dint she?

We had someone similar on PE a while ago (Blue Vino) who was trying to spam his avant rock band (Blue Vino) outta Vegas (but it really sounded more like a Black Sabbath cover band). He'd pretend to post in threads about prog bands, then always tried to turn it into an advert for his band. He left us with gems like, "Can you not imagine music that's more technical and above and beyond what's already out, but you just can't physically play it. It's pretty easy." He absolutely begged the board for critique of his band's music (from their Myspace page) and a few members let him have it...boy did they ever. He immediatedly dismissed PE as 'not capable of getting him' and hasn't been back since.

Mr MidFi
11-16-2009, 07:18 AM

I'm impressed as hell that you remembered the guy's ID. Seriously.
But can you remember the guy I was parodying in my last post? Hint: he was named after an album by a popular Canadian band.

Anybody?

Jim Clark
11-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm impressed as hell that you remembered the guy's ID. Seriously.
But can you remember the guy I was parodying in my last post? Hint: he was named after an album by a popular Canadian band.

Anybody?

Dood, was that Rush Power Windows? I seem to recall he did the same over at the Asylum.

Yep, TLADINY was a gem. What about the "hot" tracks? I think he ended up getting banned for plagiarizing movie reviews in the films forum. amazing that the general stupidity wasn't enough to do that.

Ooooo, Devo remasters?

jc

Stone
11-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Ooooo, Devo remasters?

jc

Yes, but only for Are We Not Men? and Freedom of Choice. FOC desperately needed it. They added some live bonus tracks on to each too.

Mr MidFi
11-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Dood, was that Rush Power Windows? I seem to recall he did the same over at the Asylum.

Ding ding! Winner-winner, chicken dinner!

Jim Clark
11-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes, but only for Are We Not Men? and Freedom of Choice. FOC desperately needed it. They added some live bonus tracks on to each too.

I've got those bad boys on vinyl and I've never had an issue with SQ so I'll probably be OK. I've got enough Devo bootlegs that I'm probably covered on the live tracks too. Nice to know though.

Stone - tell me some good albums to buy! What's playing at Stone's house lately???

Midfi - I had to cheat a little bit : ( I had to look up the Rush discography to jog my memory. Not really a Rush fan as you probably could have guessed!

Hope things are going well.

jc

Stone
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I've got those bad boys on vinyl and I've never had an issue with SQ so I'll probably be OK. I've got enough Devo bootlegs that I'm probably covered on the live tracks too. Nice to know though.

Stone - tell me some good albums to buy! What's playing at Stone's house lately???

I have them on vinyl too, but I'm a geek for those first three records, so I do want to hear the remasters.

With regard to album recs, I have been getting very little new music. Instead I've been focusing on scrounging for used vinyl, so I won't be much help unless you're looking for Kitty Wells or some Raspberries.

I do like the new Cold Cave album, Loves Come Close, which I think might be up your alley, though.

Jim Clark
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I have them on vinyl too, but I'm a geek for those first three records, so I do want to hear the remasters.

With regard to album recs, I have been getting very little new music. Instead I've been focusing on scrounging for used vinyl, so I won't be much help unless you're looking for Kitty Wells or some Raspberries.

I do like the new Cold Cave album, Loves Come Close, which I think might be up your alley, though.

I'll order them up this week, ok, maybe not the Kitty Wells. Think I caught her on music fest on some HD channel a couple of days ago, didn't really dig her too much if it's the same gal I'm thinking of. Thanks as always.

BTW, love the Quisp avatar. My favorite childhood cereal.

jc