Best Buy caught with hand in cookie jar [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy caught with hand in cookie jar

pixelthis
11-12-2009, 01:02 AM
See a great "steal" on Best buys website, only to be told that it doesnt exist when you go to the store?
Seems like Best Buy has been running an intranet for employees only, and the prices
are higher.
Mention something you've seen on their site, and they show you the other
site, the one they (not you)have access to.
Of course they claim this isn't the case.
OF COURSE THE authorities are checking into it.
STAY TUNED.:1:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/03/03/best-buy-admits-it-has-two-websites-could-be-misleading-custome/

Audioman00
11-30-2009, 12:17 PM
lmao ha ha ha I hope they PAY

jvc
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
This same thing was said to be going on a couple of years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

markw
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
What would happen if one walked in with a printout of the web-page with the item and price on it? Or, better yet, a phone/netbook with wireless internet access?

atomicAdam
11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
What would happen if one walked in with a printout of the web-page with the item and price on it? Or, better yet, a phone/netbook with wireless internet access?

I love my G1 for that reason. I've been close to doing something similar. But it turned out I just had faulty memory. Damn the beer.....

GMichael
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM

I did walk in with a printout to buy the HD-DVD sale that was going on last year. They brought up their site and showed me that the price was higher than what I had. They said that, "The price must have changed." I walked out and haven't been back.

jvc
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Compare the address in the address line at top of page. If it's different than the one on your netbook, then you have something to work with, against them. :)

blackraven
12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
You can always purchase it from the web site and pick it up at the store and beat them with their own trickery! I have done this before when the web site is cheaper.

harley .guy07
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
You can always purchase it from the web site and pick it up at the store and beat them with their own trickery! I have done this before when the web site is cheaper.

Damn fine point and is exactly what I would do if presented with this problem. But I try not to shop at BB in my area because I do not agree with the way the store demos its audio gear. They Don't know how to set up speakers and they sure as hell don't have a clue of how this stuff works or how to make it sound its best.