Panasonic HDTV Any Good? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic HDTV Any Good?

John1974
11-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Hello there I was looking ata Panasonic HDTV that circuit city is haveing a sale on for 1499.99 its 56 widescreen model number.
PAN PT56WX33, any one have this or shed some light on the quality?

Thanks

psonic
11-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Yes, notice my screen name? lol, I have the P47WX42 and very pleased with it over a year now. I have seen nothing but great reviews and comments on how good a value they are...hard to beat the $1499 deal ...I paid that for the 47"

you get a 1yr factory warranty and 2yrs on the crt, tell CC you do not want the extended warranty, as it is a waste of money...trust me no warranty should cost 20-30% of the item value, that is a flat out rip off, lso most problems occur in the 1st year (already covered by warranty) or after like 6-7 yrs, when no warranty is there anyway...

Keith from Canada
11-24-2003, 07:06 AM
Generally speaking, Panasonic make RPTV's that a) look horrible out of the box but are b) very tweakable. In other words, if you go out and get this set, plug it in and leave it, you will have a set with fairly mediocre picture quality. However, if you take some time to set it up using a video calibration disc, you can make the image far more presentable.

Finally, at the other end of the extreme, if you opt to have your set ISF calibrated by a professional, the Panny can be easily manipulated to give almost a perfect picture that would rival the picture quality on sets costing twice the price. Of course, a good ISF calibration tech costs a few extra dollars.

FYI -- I own a Panasonic PT-47WX51 (a few years old now) and the picture quality is light years better now that I've had my set calibrated. Of course, I always thought the picture was O.K. before the calibration...I just didn't realize the potential that my set had until afterwards. It is like viewing an entirely new TV!

Secretary of Insight
11-26-2003, 11:22 AM
I have a Panasonic RPTV that is about 4 years old now and I've never had any problems with it. I had it ISF calibrated when I bought it. I think you will be happy with the set.

The Secretary