Ok lets lay them out [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok lets lay them out

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Ok guys I need you guys to tell me this but I need to know is which speakers out of the list is overall the best speakers. These are the speakers I' am trying to decide to buy but need help on deciding. Also the speakers I listed are the ones avalible on Ebay or Amazon.com. There are other speakers that I am interested in but are not for sale or no longer in stock and those speaker models are not listed. Also there are some I can't afford that I didn't list.

JBL Tour from Venue Series

JBL N26 I currently own but is on Ebay for auction. Can cancel if it's the best.

JBL N28

JBL HLS610

Sony SS-F5000

JBL E20

JBL Monitor from Venue Series

JBL ES10

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I will update the speaker list if I find more that I' am interested in. But so far these are the models I' am interested in and that I can afford.

Thanks

Ajani
11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Jbl E20

blackraven
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Whats your obsession with JBL? They were well respected many years ago but not now in the US.

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Well it seems so far one person says E20 but I can only find the closest to that is the Monitor from Venue Series on Amazon.com. I would like to know what made you choose the E20 instead of the Monitor? Is the E20 a better speakers even specs are the same? Just wondering.

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2009, 07:39 PM
About why I' am a JBL fan is since I know that JBL is one of the best brands on professional gear for recording studios, concerts, theaters etc. Also EV is a high end brand too for professionals. My dad told me JBL and EV is the best for speakers and I do agree that they sound amazing. I can't really afford EV but I see alot of JBL speakers that are affordable if they are used or so and I just like certain kinds of JBL speakers like the ones listed.

blackraven
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
JBL made very good home speakers years ago SVI, but in the present they cater to low end home theater. I don't doubt that they make great professional equipment, but that does not translate to good speakers for the every day consumer. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm not saying that they are total junk, I'm sure that they are decent at your price range but there are many other brands that are better that you are totally closed to considering.

Good luck in what ever you decide!

02audionoob
11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Jbl E20

Agreed

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I do remember that the HLS610 was in an audio magazine so I thought those were great speakers but I guess it seems you guys are saying E20 is the best so far. But maybe others would say different but I am just seeing what people will say the most. Either way just wondering but what is the difference between the Venue Monitor and the E20? I only see is the looks but just wondering if there is a difference in the two.

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Just wondering but was there a problem on the Monitor speakers that the E20 didn't have?

harley .guy07
11-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah I would tend to agree with everyone hear on the JBL thing. They arent bad for the money but there are many brands out there that are of better quality that could be had at affordable prices and probably not much more than the JBL's you have been looking at. Paradigm, Axiom, PSB, are just 3 of many brands of speakers out there that make affordable models that are supperior to any of the speakers you mentioned above and you will see that I have a JBL product in my system and it wasn't bad for the money spent but the amp Just blown up in it last week and I am in the process of changing subwoofers. And yes they do make some damn good pro sound stuff but they have come up short in the home audio department in the last few years.

GMichael
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
The E20's are hard to find. The Venue Monitors are the replacements for the E20's. Same speaker, higher price.

poppachubby
11-09-2009, 06:48 AM
JBL is one of the best brands on professional gear for recording studios, concerts, theaters etc.

Hahahahhaha, even as a fan of JBL this made me chuckle.

Auricauricle
11-09-2009, 06:50 AM
At the risk of throwing a spanner in, SVI, I think you oughta just lay off the speakers for awhile and buy a nice set of headphones. You can crank the music up pretty hard and you can become more familiar to what you like about the sound that making a future decision on speakers will be easier.

blackraven
11-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Auricaurical, duck! That spanner that you threw in there just bounced off
his head and is heading straight back at you!

Auricauricle
11-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Careful with that axe, Eugene!

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Ok I don't know if you guys will get upset about this but I just been getting really tried of changing speakers and I have decided to get the Sony SRS-ZX1 speaker system that normal costs $400 but I got them for $197 with shipping. I really liked these speakers but I sold them 2 years agao and I lost alot of money since I only sold them for $40. This time I' am going to keep these and hopfully they will last a long time without problem. I basicaly found this great deal online and it's brand new not used. I guess these speakers are like the Bose MusicMonitor but just a little bigger. But they have amazing sound for there size I mean it sounds like a speaker that is more than twice its size. I just never heard such a small speaker like the Sony SRS-ZX1 or the Bose MusicMonitor have soo much low end for there size. I can say no wonder they are expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for. :)

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I never owned the Bose MusicMonitor since they are just too expensive and you can't find any better deal on Bose speakers I notice for somereason. But I heard the Bose from a Apple store in Omaha, NE and they did sound really like the Sony SRS-ZX1 speakers so I thought why would I pay $400 when I can get the same sound for $197 with shipping? But ya the Bose was much more compact but the Sonys were good enough for me.

GMichael
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
I give up.

frenchmon
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Careful with that axe, Eugene!

Was that off of the very first Pink Floyd Album?

frenchmon

markw
11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for proving the point I was trying to make in your other thread.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
What point were you proving? That I' am weird??? I hope you guys are not going to start that mean stuff again just after I talked about this. I kinda wonder how many times do I have to explain about myself since I have already like at least 4 times in the past 4 years. I maybe have said it differently that time but still basicaly trying to make you guys be nice to me and to understand me better.

GMichael
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
What point were you proving? That I' am weird??? I hope you guys are not going to start that mean stuff again just after I talked about this. I kinda wonder how many times do I have to explain about myself since I have already like at least 4 times in the past 4 years. I maybe have said it differently that time but still basicaly trying to make you guys be nice to me and to understand me better.

Ironic isn't it?

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I somereason feel this but I feel that you guys wish I never joined this forums. Now I might be wrong but seeing how many times you have been mean to me it just seems that way. Maybe I need to make a new screen name and start over or something. Since it seems like you guys don't really like me or how I' am. Btw I do appreciate you guys trying to help me decide on the speakers I' am thinking about but it is after all up to me on what I want and what sound I like to hear. I just like getting feedbacks on certain speakers and see what they have to say about them but as you know it's up to me if I want them or not.

I mean the $400 speakers can't be bad since they aren't cheap and also they have amazing sound for there size. Ya of cource they aren't going to shake the walls but I mean for a small speaker it's amazing. Plus I finaly found the best deal I can get these for.

But I wonder why I can't find any better deals on the Bose MusicMonitor speakers. I somereason found a great deal on the Sony ones but for the Bose I can't find any all sell them for $399.95. I really wonder why?

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Also I' am very picky on speakers unlike most people so until I find a speaker that I like I keep selling and trying and get feedbacks on the items I' am interested in. I just today found this great deal on the Sonys that's why I didn't list them on my speaker list. I thought this was my chance and I got them today at 6:36 AM Central Time Zone.

Of cource it will probley be next week when I get them since I choose UPS ground and also they said they won't send it to UPS until 2 days later.

poppachubby
11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
hahahahha, I can't resist. Nobody care's "how" you are. I think the problem is that you post on here but don't listen to a word anyone says. Can you see how that might be? I mean honestly, re-read your posts.

You want to be a martyr, for what I'm not sure. No one is being mean, people are just trying to be heard by you...

I know this post is completely pointless but c'mon man, get it together. No one cares that you are 100% gay boy, whatever that is. Open up your ears fruitcup!!!!

markw
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
...if just once you took to heart all the well-meaning advice that's been offered you, just maybe you wouldn't be the butt (no pun intended) of all this derision.

As it stands, you post the same effin' questions over and over and never listen to the answers that the well-intentioned denizens of this forum offer.

But no. You argue with them in order to try to justify the answer you want to hear, ignore it, and do something bone-headed. And, as sure as the sparrows return to Capistrano, you come back with the exact same questions later.

Grow up.

02audionoob
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I somereason feel this but I feel that you guys wish I never joined this forums. Now I might be wrong but seeing how many times you have been mean to me it just seems that way. Maybe I need to make a new screen name and start over or something. Since it seems like you guys don't really like me or how I' am. Btw I do appreciate you guys trying to help me decide on the speakers I' am thinking about but it is after all up to me on what I want and what sound I like to hear. I just like getting feedbacks on certain speakers and see what they have to say about them but as you know it's up to me if I want them or not.

I mean the $400 speakers can't be bad since they aren't cheap and also they have amazing sound for there size. Ya of cource they aren't going to shake the walls but I mean for a small speaker it's amazing. Plus I finaly found the best deal I can get these for.

But I wonder why I can't find any better deals on the Bose MusicMonitor speakers. I somereason found a great deal on the Sony ones but for the Bose I can't find any all sell them for $399.95. I really wonder why?

You can find the Sony speakers at less than retail but they're still not a good deal.

poppachubby
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
You can find the Sony speakers at less than retail but they're still not a good deal.

hahahaha...oh noob, you are the Rock of Gibraltar. Love you man!! I hope you stick it out with me like this...

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Well seriously what is wrong with the high end Sony SRS-ZX1 speakers? I mean they should be built well and to last long time. After all they weren't like $20 or $100 speakers they were normaly $400 you know. Of cource on SonyStyle is having a sale for $300 but I got them for $197 with shipping brand new so I mean that is a great deal I think.

Or did I take it wrong and you were just saying nothin retail price is worth the product. Since I did get it alot cheaper than retail price so I did get a great deal on them.

Auricauricle
11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
...Must...resist!...Must RESIST!...MUST RESIST!!...

GMichael
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Well seriously what is wrong with the high end Sony SRS-ZX1 speakers? I mean they should be built well and to last long time. After all they weren't like $20 or $100 speakers they were normaly $400 you know. Of cource on SonyStyle is having a sale for $300 but I got them for $197 with shipping brand new so I mean that is a great deal I think.

Or did I take it wrong and you were just saying nothin retail price is worth the product. Since I did get it alot cheaper than retail price so I did get a great deal on them.

You'd be better off with the JBL's.

Auricauricle
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
THAT'S IT!!!

markw
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
After all his crying about JBL this and JBL that he goes for a pair of tiny, bass shy, powered computer speakers.

...and who says he's not a troll? (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2291513,00.asp)

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I see you are expecting a small size speaker to make the sound of a 12in woofer hmmm. Well you know what if that was true I would be super impressed but I know for a fact it isn't going to make the walls shake or anything but I mean for a small speaker it does make alot of low end. I mean think about it I can say that these have alot more bass than the JBL N24 even that the N24 is a 4in woofer. I say its almost has the bass of a 5in woofer. Just doesn't go as loud that's all.

But it seems like you guys now hate me or something and now I bet you are going to make fun of me more. If that's going to happen then I will not post anymore on this forums. Apparently this forums is not for people who are in a tight budget and want best sound as possible without having a huge amp or system. It looks like everyone here is after the Paradigm speakers or other kinds but not the ones I like. Maybe there is a forum that is for people like me and that would tell me what they think about the speakers I have and not compaire them to something like Paradigm speakers. Also you guys probley have more money and income and also you guys are older so you you just have those huge over $1000 systems but me NO.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Also first of all you guys never even heard these speakers so you can't judge them without listening to them. They do pack alot of bass for there size. All other speakers other than the Bose MusicMonitor aren't even close as these. Other speakers just don't have the bass but amazingly these Sony and Bose speakers do.

Auricauricle
11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
!!!!!

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Also guys that have known me for years do you remember that I even like the Cyber Acoustics CA-3000 or the CA-3550? I mean the ones I got are 100 times better. If I liked the sound of the CA-3000 or the CA-3550 then I will forsure like the Sonys I ordered today. I mean think finaly a speaker that is soo compact but makes the bass of a subwoofer. But the truth is there is not sub. I can that the future speakers. :)

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Or I should say now I' am the future gay boy. LOL just joking. That reminds me I remember when I was in high school I had a Sony MD player and a Sony MDR-G73LP and it was the top of the line from Best Buy and I remember everyone called me the future boy since everone else had cheap headphones and not as powerful as my portable ones.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Eather way I beleive that the Bose MusicMonitor or the Sony SRS-ZX1 is one step to the future of speakers. Since as you know speakers are getting better and better so soon you won't need such a heavy huge speaker to make good lows. They come up with better designs and drivers etc and in the way future forsure you won't need big speakers anymore.

02audionoob
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM

If they're available for $197 they're not likely worth $300 and certainly not $400. Probably not worth $197, either.

By the way..BOSE doesn't use good drivers. Their main thing is the acoustical design...the shapes and angles and ports. It's mostly just exceptional marketing on their part. They create an illusion of exclusivity with their high prices and no reduced sale prices.

Sony has been very solid in terms of marketing, too. They have created a reputation for quality that makes their cheap stuff seem like it must be good....but it isn't.

markw
11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
If you had all the money you threw away on that myrad of inexpensive speakers you've burned through, you could easily afford a pair of nice speakers.

I KNOW several peope have pointed that out over the past few years. But did you listen? Nooooo... you just keep on throwing your $$ away on lateral moves.

BTW, you've been here five years? IIRC, you were a 16 year-old kid when you started.

By my cypherin', that would make you a 21 year-old young man by now.

When are you going to start acting like it?

I will say this in your favor: You do pump up the hit count.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Well if you think the Sonys aren't worth even $197 then why wasn't I able to find them any cheaper brand new? But remember that's with shipping price it was $178 without shipping. So with UPS ground total price was $197.70. Anyways even with how advance the Sonys are you think they are not worth even close to the original price? If so why does Sony sell them for $400 retail and $300 on sale? But if the Sonys aren't worth $178 then that means Bose is a rip off. But maybe there is something that we don't know that makes these two kinds of speakers expensive. I don't know.

But how much do you think the Bose and Sonys are worth then? I mean they are nice speakers but I just wondering how much do you think they are actualy worth brand new?

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I' am 24 now and this December 17 I will be 25. So I was like probley 19 when I joined this forums I can't remember. That was about the time zone when Adam found me on gay.com and we talked everyday and loved each other. But also I wasn't able to drive yet so I was never able to actualy meet him in person until like 2 years later since my mom was nice and took me to where Adam lives. I remember that Adam found me around middle of July of 2004 and we broke up two months agao so it was 5 years relationship.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Well I just thought of this but maybe the design of the two speakers was hard to make since as you know it is really hard to make small speakers make alot of bass so like the tech guys probley had to work hard to design the shape of the tubes, enclosure etc to make alot of bass for a small compact speakers. But this is really truyly amazing to think about it I mean how did they design a speaker that is soo small put soo much bass. I meant normaly you need a subwoofer for this kind of bass that comes out of these but there isn't one.

markw
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Well I just thought of this but maybe the design of the two speakers was hard to make since as you know it is really hard to make small speakers make alot of bass so like the tech guys probley had to work hard to design the shape of the tubes, enclosure etc to make alot of bass for a small compact speakers. But this is really truyly amazing to think about it I mean how did they design a speaker that is soo small put soo much bass. I meant normaly you need a subwoofer for this kind of bass that comes out of these but there isn't one.You just keep on telling yourself that...

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Well truthfuly I don't know why those two speakers cost that much. I just guessed on what I said on my last post. But there's got to be a good reason why they are not cheap.

blackraven
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
SVI, take a look at the equipment that people on this forum own. Do you see any of us using Sony, Bose or JBL speakers for music? No you don't. That should tell you that we don't think that they are good speakers and that you are in the wrong place to ask for advice about them. People here have tried to tell you nicely that there are better options available to you, but you have a 1 track mind to speaker mediocrity and keep throwing good money away. Have you even stepped foot in a high end Stereo shop and listened to other speakers? Probably not. You should try it some time and then come back and ask for advice.

markw
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
SVI, take a look at the equipment that people on this forum own. Do you see any of us using Sony, Bose or JBL speakers for music? No you don't.
I proudly use JBL L-26's with a Marantz 2270 in my vintage system.

O course, neither have been made since around 1975 or so...

blackraven
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Vintage JBL speakers were good speakers in their day. Todays JBL are for the budget minded and are ok for what they are intended for.

markw
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Vintage JBL speakers were good speakers in their day. Todays JBL are for the budget minded and are ok for what they are intended for.I wuz just funnin' wit ya. What you said is 110% correct, but I strongly doubt it'll sink in.

Funny thing is, though, that if he's diligent and patient, he could probably score a good pair for less $$ than what he's throwing away on this new crap.

blackraven
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I wuz just funnin' wit ya. What you said is 110% correct, but I strongly doubt it'll sink in.

I knew that!!:yesnod:

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2009, 02:54 PM
What also makes think that is interesting is that why alot of people buy old JBL speakers?? Why the newer ones aren't as popular since the newer ones should be built better and more advance tech. Is that mean since the last 10 years JBL has went down hill on there speakers? I mean my dad said JBL speakers are one of the best for music, studio etc. He even had a pair of JBL Control 1 for his home studio.

But eather way I post any question reguarding speakers is since this is a big forum and I assumed that there is someone that know about the speakers I like. By the way the Sonys are a computer speaker so maybe it needs to goto the computer audio forum on this site. Since on the speakers forums it seems you talk about speakers that need a receiver or amp.

poppachubby
11-09-2009, 03:27 PM
What also makes think that is interesting is that why alot of people buy old JBL speakers?? Why the newer ones aren't as popular since the newer ones should be built better and more advance tech. Is that mean since the last 10 years JBL has went down hill on there speakers? I mean my dad said JBL speakers are one of the best for music, studio etc. He even had a pair of JBL Control 1 for his home studio.

But eather way I post any question reguarding speakers is since this is a big forum and I assumed that there is someone that know about the speakers I like. By the way the Sonys are a computer speaker so maybe it needs to goto the computer audio forum on this site. Since on the speakers forums it seems you talk about speakers that need a receiver or amp.

I have a pair of JBL L-110. Like the L-100, they are sought after by JBL fans. They are vintage. The difference from these to the pairs you are looking at is build quality. I imagine sound quality as well but I can't speak to that. They have been lots of fun and I'll never part with them.

I now want some EPI or Genesis. I am quite certain I will be grabbing a pair of Genesis 2 as long as no financial set backs occur in the next little while.

I know you won't even respond to this at all, I'm kind of writing it for the others who are peeking in. Anyone who cares to reply, go for it. I'm hoping that Genesis will be the end of the road for me, with my present gear anyhow.

Ajani
11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
But it seems like you guys now hate me or something and now I bet you are going to make fun of me more. If that's going to happen then I will not post anymore on this forums. Apparently this forums is not for people who are in a tight budget and want best sound as possible without having a huge amp or system. It looks like everyone here is after the Paradigm speakers or other kinds but not the ones I like. Maybe there is a forum that is for people like me and that would tell me what they think about the speakers I have and not compaire them to something like Paradigm speakers. Also you guys probley have more money and income and also you guys are older so you you just have those huge over $1000 systems but me NO.

I recently purchased a pair of powered pro audio speakers for $400. They sound excellent for the price. There are many good sounding, small, active speakers available that you can afford. You are just not interested in finding them. You just want to obsess endlessly about Sony and JBL. That's why forum members dislike you. You don't want our advice about ways you can get great sound for your budget and space requirements. You just want us to help feed your obsession.

You've been on this site about 5 years and I don't think I've ever once read where you've actually auditioned a pair of speakers that a forum member suggested to you. So why should we like you? You don't listen and you don't respect any of our opinions.

Two brands you can check out that make good quality, small, powered speakers in your price range ($80 - $400) are M-Audio and Audioengine. But I'm willing to bet you won't even consider either of them and will instead post more crap about JBL. Bose and Sony...

poppachubby
11-09-2009, 07:23 PM
You've been on this site about 5 years and I don't think I've ever once read where you've actually auditioned a pair of speakers that a forum member suggested to you. So why should we like you? You don't listen and you don't respect any of our opinions...

..you won't even consider either of them and will instead post more crap about JBL. Bose and Sony...

Yeh mahn, battymahn a bloodclot fi real!!!

GMichael
11-10-2009, 07:35 AM

But either way I post any question regarding speakers is since this is a big forum and I assumed that there is someone that know about the speakers I like. By the way the Sony's are a computer speaker so maybe it needs to go to the computer audio forum on this site. Since on the speakers forums it seems you talk about speakers that need a receiver or amp.

JBL is not the same company that they used to be. Different people are running the show now. Instead of using modern technology to create better sounding speakers, they have used that tech to create speakers that are cheaper to build and therefore put more money in their pockets. The result is that we get cheaper speakers instead of better speakers.
That said, the JBL E20 or Venues are better than what you have used in the past. But you could get even better speakers for about the same cash if you are open to new brands. Others here have a wealth of information that you could use to find speakers that sound better than anything you've ever heard for close to the amount you are looking to spend. But you have to be open to their suggestions. If not, then their knowledge goes wasted, and so does your money.
Each time you have switched speakers, you have been wasting money. Look how much you are looking to spend on those Sony speakers that you already had and sold at $40. That's a waste. If you had stuck with them to begin with, you may have saved up enough to have much better speakers by now. But now you want to do the same thing all over again. The people here get frustrated that they can't help you. They want to see you get nice speakers for the money you do have available. But you are so focused on getting Sony, JBL or (God forbid) Bose, that you don't listen to anyone's suggestion to get another brand. These brands will make you happy if you give them a chance. And they won't cost you any extra. All you have to do is listen and stop wasting money on changes that don't do you any good.
I hope that you do not think that I am being mean to you. I want to help you. Let us all help you.

JoeE SP9
11-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Okay SVI, here's the deal. The Sony's suck, so do the JBL's you are so stuck on. Others have given you some recommendations but you ignore what they say. If you are going to ignore our advice why do you ask for it? Most of us have been around for a while and have an idea what sounds good and what doesn't. The advice you are given boils down to what we would buy with our own money.

As for Bose speakers, they suck even more than the Sony's. Bose speakers are overpriced pieces of crap!!!!!

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Well I did really decide that I want the Sonys from now on since I liked those the most out of all of them. Anyways why is Bose bad? I mean when I listen to the MusicMonitor they did sound good too with alot of bass like the Sonys I ordered. But I guess it maybe true that $400 for the Bose is too high but maybe if they sell them for like $200 or $300 at most it would of been better. But there could very well be something that makes them expensive by how they are built. But I guess If Bose isn't good then it was good that I got the Sonys instead. I know I will enjoy these speakers when they come.

When they come I will let you guys know how I think they sound but since I use to own them I do remember they sounded the best to me with alot of low end.

E-Stat
11-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I mean when I listen to the MusicMonitor they did sound good too with alot of bass like the Sonys I ordered.
Have you ever heard a pipe organ in person? In particular one with at least a 16' stop that can play 32 hz? (much less a thirty-two footer capable of 16 hz) The Sonys are utterly incapable of even suggesting a low "C" pedal. By comparison, all they do is release squeaky gas.

...them I do remember they sounded the best to me with alot of low end.
You really have no idea. Even my 70s double Advents can reproduce a 32 hz note.

rw

audio amateur
11-10-2009, 04:16 PM
You really have no idea. Even my 70s double Advents can reproduce a 32 hz note.

rw
Was that a 'can' or 'can't'?

JoeE SP9
11-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Well I did really decide that I want the Sonys from now on since I liked those the most out of all of them. Anyways why is Bose bad? I mean when I listen to the MusicMonitor they did sound good too with alot of bass like the Sonys I ordered. But I guess it maybe true that $400 for the Bose is too high but maybe if they sell them for like $200 or $300 at most it would of been better. But there could very well be something that makes them expensive by how they are built. But I guess If Bose isn't good then it was good that I got the Sonys instead. I know I will enjoy these speakers when they come.

When they come I will let you guys know how I think they sound but since I use to own them I do remember they sounded the best to me with alot of low end.

I have a suggestion for you. Omaha being a reasonably large city should have one or more higher end audio stores. Take an afternoon and visit a couple and listen to some half way decent sound systems. Since you seem to have no friends or acquaintances with a decent system going to a store is the only way. Until you have heard a decent system you have no idea what good sound is like. This is the only way to convince you since you just refuse to take any advice from those who have much more experience than you. I might also add this is advice you asked for.

02audionoob
11-10-2009, 04:35 PM
It's awesome you're getting the Sony speakers. They're going to be fantastic. Bose is great too. The haters in this forum just don't get it. There's only three good speaker manufacturers. Sony, Bose and JBL. JBL is the best because my dad has JBL. Bose is 2nd best because my mom has Bose. Sony is 3rd best because my cousin has Sony. They're awesome and they have alot of bass. They wake up my neighbors even when I don't have them on. I'm going to order a set of Bose speakers because I can get a great deal on them on Craigslist from a guy who just wants me to wire the money to Italy tomorrow.

blackraven
11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't mean this in a bad way but I think we are dealing with a type of O.C.D or P.D.D. here, so I think I'll lighten up.

Hope you enjoy your Sony's!

audio amateur
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't mean this in a bad way but I think we are dealing with a type of O.C.D or P.D.D. here, so I think I'll lighten up.

You think?? lol!

markw
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM

Hope you enjoy your Sony's!As of late I've been wondering if the stairs don't go all the way to the attic.

markw out

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I can say a few times in the past I have went to an audio store in Omaha that sells more higher end stuff than Best Buy. I did listen to the Energy speakers but they didn't have paradigm or others since it was a small store but I mean ya they did sound pretty good but if I was choosing a speaker I would probley go with the JBL Studio Series if I had the money since I remember the floorstading model like the S312 sounded amazing since it was 12in woofer I mean I felt the bass on my legs since it was punchy bass and tight. This was 10 years agao when I listen to them at Best Buy but they were really expensive. The Energy speakers were really pricey too as well I mean like for a small bookshelf speaker they costed like around $300 pair or so.

But eather way for now I will just keep the Sonys and I did already sell the JBL N26 so I don't have those anymore. Maybe in a few years when I have alot more money like $300 or more for speakers then I might look into the Energy speakers. But I still do like JBL alot like the Studio Series from them but as you know they are expensive also and not affordable. I have never really heard of the older JBL speakers like the L series but I always do in back of my head wonder how good they sound compaired to the newer JBL models. I do know that one thing forsure is that since the older JBL speakers are old they won't make parts for them anymore so if something goes wrong then I' am out of luck unless I find used parts from somewere. Plus I think the older JBL speakers cost alot too even used since I remember on Ebay or Craigslist I saw some and they were pricey.

My point is for a long time I will use the Sonys and maybe in the future I will get different speakers to try that's if I can afford them or if I like the sound of them of cource. Since it might end up that I will get another Sonys since I like them alot. But in the mean while I will give a listen to other speakers and see how I think about them. I wish there were more high end audio stores close to were I live but I only know one that is close and they pretty much had only Energy speakers.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I guess I should of told you guys that I have few years agao been to an higher end audio store but I still did prefer the JBL or the Sonys I ordered. Of cource if I had money I would get the new Studio L Series or so or maybe an older JBL speaker to try but they are very pricey. I' am in a very limited budget so I try to get the best speakers I really want and get the best deals on them. Like I got the Sonys for $197 with shipping.

poppachubby
11-10-2009, 05:12 PM
It's awesome you're getting the Sony speakers. They're going to be fantastic. Bose is great too. The haters in this forum just don't get it. There's only three good speaker manufacturers. Sony, Bose and JBL. JBL is the best because my dad has JBL. Bose is 2nd best because my mom has Bose. Sony is 3rd best because my cousin has Sony. They're awesome and they have alot of bass. They wake up my neighbors even when I don't have them on. I'm going to order a set of Bose speakers because I can get a great deal on them on Craigslist from a guy who just wants me to wire the money to Italy tomorrow.

atta boy!!!

Auricauricle
11-10-2009, 05:15 PM
SVI, I am proud of the way you're starting to make decisions for yourself. Your comment, "Since it might end up that I will get another Sonys since I like them alot. But in the mean while I will give a listen to other speakers and see how I think about them", tells me that you are becoming more self-assured and confident than I've heard you in a long time.

You also mentioned, "My point is for a long time I will use the Sonys and maybe in the future I will get different speakers to try that's if I can afford them or if I like the sound of them of cource." Saying things like this encourages me that you are finding yourself able and willing to use your own ears in making decisions and that you are willing to think about things before you buy them or disregard them.

Keep up the good work and happy listening, Spanky!

Ajani
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Actually he admitted to some kind of O.C.D. about a year ago (if I'm not mistaken)... It's probably why he has never been banned for trolling (since people can't be sure whether he is really a troll or just has a disorder of some kind)...

bfalls
11-11-2009, 07:10 AM
O.C.D. or a Psychology major working on his Master's thesis. He seems too dense to be believable? I hope. Plays a good game though. At 24 you'd think his spelling and sentence structure would be better. Too many years texting maybe.

The older JBLs were very good speakers. It seemed when they went mass market, the quality and signature sound went away. We had four JBL Studio Monitors in our A/B room at CBS Tapes (76'-81') driven by either McIntosh, or Crown amps. I'm not sure of the model. They had 15" woofers, horn tweeter w/diffuser and slightly sloped front baffle. They were huge, but hung from the ceiling in each corner for "Quadrofonic" testing. I remember Quad using 8-track tapes. Used to listen to Bachman-Turner Overdrive on them.

BTW Sony has made some very good speakers. Their SS-M Series were very well received. They had a cabinet design similar to the Hales, Artemis speakers with the beveled tweeter area. Stereophile wrote a favorable review of the SS-M9, many years ago. I work for Sony, but except for the SSMs, I was never a fan of their speakers. I feel you should always buy speakers from a speaker manufacturer or builder (wouldn't want to count out smaller companies).

I looked at the SRS-ZX1s on our Family Center website. If your getting them for $197, it's $20 less than our price, but we do get free shipping on everything, even large TVs. From the specs they don't seem all that great. Maybe great bass for a computer speaker, but not so for real speakers. All aluminum case though.

* Frequency Response : 50Hz - 20 kHz
* Impedance : 4.7 kOhms (Amp)
* Sensitivity : 78 dB/W/m
* Speaker System : Bass Reflex, Full Range
* Output Power : 40W (20W+20W)

GMichael
11-11-2009, 08:34 AM
This stat jumped out at me.

"Sensitivity : 78 dB/W/m"

topspeed
11-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Death, taxes, & SVI.

Some things never change.

blackraven
11-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Actually he admitted to some kind of O.C.D. about a year ago (if I'm not mistaken)... It's probably why he has never been banned for trolling (since people can't be sure whether he is really a troll or just has a disorder of some kind)...

I think he may also have P.D.D which is pervasive developmental disorder. Its a very mild form of Autism spectrum disorder. Many of these people are also OCD. I have a close relative with PDD.

SpankingVanillaice
11-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I actualy only have obsessive compulsive disorder, turrets disorder, and anxiety. The OCD is the strongest I have. I do take meds for it to help like risperdal for my turrets and zoloft for my OCD.

But why do you guys really care??? It seems like you guys are making it a big deal.

SpankingVanillaice
11-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Btw I did find out that the speakers I got was a special order item so they will get them next tuesday and then ship them the same day to me. Because it will take a while to get them I decided and paid extra for a 3 day UPS shipment instead of UPS ground that takes 5 days.

So the total price comes up to $216.80 with 3 day UPS shipping.

blackraven
11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Spanky, the fact that you have OCD and anxiety explains a lot about your obsession with Sony and JBL and they fact that you really don't take any of our advice. So don't take it personal. I won't poke fun at you any more because you can't help the way you are. It just gives us a better understanding about where you are coming from.

However, your posts are bordering on the ridiculous, because you say the same thing over and over and keep asking the same thing over and over again without even listening to any of our suggestions. I respect the fact that you value your fathers opinion of JBL, so why do you continue to ask the people on this forum their opinion of JBL and Sony when we clearly have stated that they are junk and that there are better brands out there?. The answer is that you have OCD!

SpankingVanillaice
11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Well the fact is that I really like the sounds of the JBL speakers and the Sonys. I' am not saying this because to annoy you guys but I like the sounds of them. I thought what was most important is what sound you like to hear? But I did also say on one of my posts that I will give a chance and just listen to other speakers and I have listened to the Energy speakers but didn't like them as much. But that's me of cource maybe you like them more. But maybe in the future as I listen to more kinds of speakers I might like them more than the Studio Series from JBL or I might still like the Sonys or JBL the most even 10 years from now. It all depends. But when I was to find out about certain speakers I' am interested in I just want to know the ones I asked for. If I asked something like I want to know what is the best rated speakers then you guys can say example Paradigm or whatever but when I just ask certain kinds I just want to know the two I' am compairing.

E-Stat
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Was that a 'can' or 'can't'?
That would be can. Here's a third octave response of them in the garage environment. Yeah, there are a couple of room mode peaks.

http://home.cablelynx.com/~rhw/audio/advents.jpg

The ability to reproduce first octave bass was one of Henry Kloss' design criteria and his brochures specifically mentioned a recording that contained true 30 hz content:

Advent Brochure (http://www.davidreaton.com/PDFs/New_Advent_Ad.pdf)

rw

audio amateur
11-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Pretty impressive for a sealed design!

The reason I asked is because you used 'even' or another such word in the beginning of your phrase which left to presume that perhaps even the Advents couldn't reach that low, let alone a speaker with 3" drivers.

E-Stat
11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Pretty impressive for a sealed design!
Remember that Kloss was there in the dawn of the acoustic suspension era at AR in the early 50s. While ported designs are more popular today, many find sealed designs more desirable because of their more gradual response roll off.

The reason I asked is because you used 'even' or another such word in the beginning of your phrase which left to presume that perhaps even the Advents couldn't reach that low, let alone a speaker with 3" drivers.
I see your point. I was referring to the fact that these speakers are thirty years old and still considerably outperform many modern speakers in that regard.

rw

SpankingVanillaice
11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
What are you guys talking about when you said it can? Is this about the speakers I' am talking about?

E-Stat
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
What are you guys talking about when you said it can? Is this about the speakers I' am talking about?
Sorry, Spanky. The question was about double Advents. They can cleanly reproduce a 32 hz note which is about an octave below that of the Sonys.

rw

jrhymeammo
11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
YEAH. Let the party begin... This is going to be the best week of my life. I can feel it.

SpankingVanillaice
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
ummm what party??? I don't understand what are you guys now thinking. Whatever it is it better be about this topic I posted.

Ajani
11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't understand what are you guys now thinking. Whatever it is it better be about this topic I posted.

or else?

poppachubby
11-12-2009, 06:18 AM
ummm what party??? I don't understand what are you guys now thinking. Whatever it is it better be about this topic I posted.

riiiiiiight, what was that again?

Hyfi
11-12-2009, 09:20 AM
SVI,

OK, 3 pages about little plastic speakers is about enough. We also don't care about your personal sexual preferences, when you met or divorced your boyfriend. Please stick to the topic, and take the advise seriously.

What I am most confused about is that your first post stated that you were using a receiver. Later on, you talk about buying Sony computer speakers. Haven't we been through all the computer speakers available and all agreed most were junk?

There are SO MANY GOOD speakers on the market by reputable, non mass marked companies, that you need to start thinking outside your little box. Little plastic speakers produce little plastic sound.

You could buy a pair of Athena LS-50 speakers for $80 that would sound better than the JBLs or Sony crap.

It has already been advised that you look at some of the signatures in posts to see what people use and research some of those brands. Why is that so difficult? You have posted so many times without saying anything different. All the time you have spent doing so could have been used to do some of your own research.

Everyone around here has been very patient and has tried to help you out but it's like talking to a dead cat, nothing going on in there!

poppachubby
11-12-2009, 11:42 AM
...but it's like talking to a dead cat, nothing going on in there!

Hahahahha, now that's the sound of a frustrated man! Even busted out the dead cat!! That's reserved for only the utmost severity of frustration.

I think everyone's tried it Hyfi, but to no avail. I have backed off after hearing about OCD and whatever other problems exist. It certainly would explain alot.

Good try though my man, I know where you're coming from.

02audionoob
11-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I still love the original subject line...Ok lets lay them out.

Hyfi
11-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I still love the original subject line...Ok lets lay them out.

I just Laid Out my dead cat. Funeral tomorrow!

Hyfi
11-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Hahahahha, now that's the sound of a frustrated man! Even busted out the dead cat!! That's reserved for only the utmost severity of frustration.

I think everyone's tried it Hyfi, but to no avail. I have backed off after hearing about OCD and whatever other problems exist. It certainly would explain alot.

Good try though my man, I know where you're coming from.

We have been here before, if you check out the archives. That is why I never chimed in. But, when I saw 3 pages of self posting with blinders on, I just had to add my thoughts.

Auricauricle
11-12-2009, 12:16 PM
THIS IS A DEAD CAT!! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Luvin Da Blues
11-12-2009, 12:53 PM
We have been here before, if you check out the archives. That is why I never chimed in. But, when I saw 3 pages of self posting with blinders on, I just had to add my thoughts.

Hell ya, "Even a blind man knows when he's walking in the sun" (Riley B. King)

Auricauricle
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
THIS IS A DEAD THREAD!! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

02audionoob
11-12-2009, 01:40 PM
This is a big woofer:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07/GiantDog_450x556.jpg

Auricauricle
11-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Big, yes...but this one is more expensive! Isn't it just as good or better, even?

Hyfi
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
This is a big woofer:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07/GiantDog_450x556.jpg

How is the bass out of that baby?

SpankingVanillaice
11-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Ok now you guys are getting silly but since I guess I already made me choice and got the Sonys theres really no need to post anymore on this topic until in the future when I want different speakers then I can ask you guys again for help. Also that is if I find something I like more than the JBLs or the Sonys I have. But as I said I will audition many speakers and then I might find something I like more than the Sonys I have. But this all depends if I like something better than the Sonys since as you guys said that what matters most is the sound I like to hear and enjoy. :)

poppachubby
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey SVI, on a scale of 1 to 10, how helpful was this thread?

markw
11-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey SVI, on a scale of 1 to 10, how helpful was this thread?Dunno about anyone else but it looks like a load of number 2 to me.

Ajani
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Ok now you guys are getting silly but since I guess I already made me choice and got the Sonys theres really no need to post anymore on this topic until in the future when I want different speakers then I can ask you guys again for help. Also that is if I find something I like more than the JBLs or the Sonys I have. But as I said I will audition many speakers and then I might find something I like more than the Sonys I have. But this all depends if I like something better than the Sonys since as you guys said that what matters most is the sound I like to hear and enjoy. :)

:3: That's the right attitude!!!! Audition as many other speakers as you can... so that next time you start a thread, you can talk about your experience rather than just specs...

Yes, you might end up still liking Sony, JBL or Bose... but at least then you can defend your choice based on what sounds best to you....

As I've said before in this thread: I have a pair of $400 Active Monitors. And I prefer them over any entry level Monitor/Amp combo I've heard... So I can see why you might end up liking active speakers (despite many people thinking of them as just computer speakers)... but the difference between you and I (well, one of many differences), is that I have auditioned many different respected speakers and amps before coming to my conclusion (including PSB, NAD, B&W, Rotel, Monitor Audio, Mission, Cambridge Audio etc)... You need to audition as many of those combos as you can and then you'll be in a position to really determine whether Sony, JBL or Bose are good value for your money.

I'd also suggest that you check out some pro audio stores... IMO, Proper Active Monitors (not crappy computer speakers) are the best way to get good sound cheaply... And the Pro Audio Side pretty much rules the Active Monitor market...

SpankingVanillaice
11-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Well to tell you the truth you guys didn't really 100% gave me a straight answer about the speakers I was interested in and then it seems like you guys don't know much about the JBLs I like but I remember you guys did say the JBL E20 or the Monitor from Venue Series are good. That's of cource if I had kept the stereo receiver and then get a pair of speakers but since I did return the Sherwood receiver to Radio Shack I don't need the JBL speakers anymore. What made me decide to get the Sony is the fact that I remember when I had them they sounded the best out of all of the speakers I owned. Also I liked the fact that they are compact and small but have tons for low end compaird to most speakers that have the same size drivers. I mean like the M-Audio AV-20 which is about the same size as the Sonys I got doesn't even come close to the sound of the Sony SRS-ZX1 speakers since the bass is ALOT more lower then the M-Audio AV-20 speakers. Also the body of the speakers are made of aluminum and the speakers look cool. I just wonder how they can make such a small speaker that can make alot of bass like the Sony SRS-ZX1 or the Bose MusicMonitor but I guess for Bose it might be the tube or something that makes them low but for the Sonys I do see they have a very long tube but there must be something else that makes these speakers have alot of bass for there size. I guess what you pay is what you get.

One more thing when I reasearched about speakers and saw an ad for the Bose speakers I did see the Bose MusicMonitor and I thought WOO they were $400 pair and I must say they must sound amazing for the size since I noticed that they are very compact and small. But of cource I knew I would never be able to afford such a expensive speakers like that. Then I cam across to a Apple store where I live and happen to see the Sony speakers and I say the price was the same as Bose so I was really interested in it and played some of my music and let me tell you I was totaly shocked about the sound coming out of these I mean they had ALOT of bass I thought it had a hidden subwoofer somewere but there isn't one. One of my best friend was nice enough and got me these Sonys at the Apple store for $400 with tax of cource and I was supprised so I got home and listen to them and I enjoyed them but then here's the part I made a mistake I thought that they didn't sound as good as I thought it did so I sold them on Craigslist and could only get them sold for $40. Then after that I listen to other kinds of speakers and they just didn't have the great sound as the Sonys did and I felt really upset that I sold them. a year later I happen to be able to talk to the buyer who got these speakers for $40 from me and I asked if I can buy them back but he said he already sold them and doesn't have them anymore so I was really sad. Also I knew that my best friend now has been broke so he can't afford them even if he wants to since he did say I would buy them again but I' am totaly broke. Later in the year I noticed that the Apple store didn't carry the Sonys anymore but they had for the first time the Bose MusicMonitor and I was like WOO now finaly I can give those a try and I did listen to them and they did sound really close to the Sonys meaning both had very good low end bass. So since I knew that I would probley not find a better deal than $400 for the Bose so I had been looking online for the Sonys instead since they both pretty much sound the same.

So I had to save up and original I was planning to get a receiver and a pair of speakers that I like the most like the JBL and then I did get the Sherwood RX-4109 stereo receiver and a pair of the JBL N24 first then I sold the N24 and got the N26. But then I was supprised that I found the Sony speakers for $187 and with UPS ground shipping it costs $197. So I sold the N26 and returned the receiver back to the store. I found out that this was a special order so I went ahead and deided to get a 3 day shipping instead of 5 days since if I kept it as 5 days it would of been 2 weeks from now when I get them. It did cost $216.80 instead of $197.70. They will get the speakers the coming tuesday and ship them to me the same day. So I should be getting them next friday.

All I can say this time I won't sell them anymore since I liked these the best and hopfuly that will last a long time. But of cource in the mean time I will be listening to many kinds of speakers and see what I think about them.

Ajani
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Well to tell you the truth you guys didn't really 100% gave me a straight answer about the speakers I was interested in and then it seems like you guys don't know much about the JBLs I like but I remember you guys did say the JBL E20 or the Monitor from Venue Series are good. That's of cource if I had kept the stereo receiver and then get a pair of speakers but since I did return the Sherwood receiver to Radio Shack I don't need the JBL speakers anymore. What made me decide to get the Sony is the fact that I remember when I had them they sounded the best out of all of the speakers I owned. Also I liked the fact that they are compact and small but have tons for low end compaird to most speakers that have the same size drivers. I mean like the M-Audio AV-20 which is about the same size as the Sonys I got doesn't even come close to the sound of the Sony SRS-ZX1 speakers since the bass is ALOT more lower then the M-Audio AV-20 speakers. Also the body of the speakers are made of aluminum and the speakers look cool. I just wonder how they can make such a small speaker that can make alot of bass like the Sony SRS-ZX1 or the Bose MusicMonitor but I guess for Bose it might be the tube or something that makes them low but for the Sonys I do see they have a very long tube but there must be something else that makes these speakers have alot of bass for there size. I guess what you pay is what you get.

One more thing when I reasearched about speakers and saw an ad for the Bose speakers I did see the Bose MusicMonitor and I thought WOO they were $400 pair and I must say they must sound amazing for the size since I noticed that they are very compact and small. But of cource I knew I would never be able to afford such a expensive speakers like that. Then I cam across to a Apple store where I live and happen to see the Sony speakers and I say the price was the same as Bose so I was really interested in it and played some of my music and let me tell you I was totaly shocked about the sound coming out of these I mean they had ALOT of bass I thought it had a hidden subwoofer somewere but there isn't one. One of my best friend was nice enough and got me these Sonys at the Apple store for $400 with tax of cource and I was supprised so I got home and listen to them and I enjoyed them but then here's the part I made a mistake I thought that they didn't sound as good as I thought it did so I sold them on Craigslist and could only get them sold for $40. Then after that I listen to other kinds of speakers and they just didn't have the great sound as the Sonys did and I felt really upset that I sold them. a year later I happen to be able to talk to the buyer who got these speakers for $40 from me and I asked if I can buy them back but he said he already sold them and doesn't have them anymore so I was really sad. Also I knew that my best friend now has been broke so he can't afford them even if he wants to since he did say I would buy them again but I' am totaly broke. Later in the year I noticed that the Apple store didn't carry the Sonys anymore but they had for the first time the Bose MusicMonitor and I was like WOO now finaly I can give those a try and I did listen to them and they did sound really close to the Sonys meaning both had very good low end bass. So since I knew that I would probley not find a better deal than $400 for the Bose so I had been looking online for the Sonys instead since they both pretty much sound the same.

So I had to save up and original I was planning to get a receiver and a pair of speakers that I like the most like the JBL and then I did get the Sherwood RX-4109 stereo receiver and a pair of the JBL N24 first then I sold the N24 and got the N26. But then I was supprised that I found the Sony speakers for $187 and with UPS ground shipping it costs $197. So I sold the N26 and returned the receiver back to the store. I found out that this was a special order so I went ahead and deided to get a 3 day shipping instead of 5 days since if I kept it as 5 days it would of been 2 weeks from now when I get them. It did cost $216.80 instead of $197.70. They will get the speakers the coming tuesday and ship them to me the same day. So I should be getting them next friday.

All I can say this time I won't sell them anymore since I liked these the best and hopfuly that will last a long time. But of cource in the mean time I will be listening to many kinds of speakers and see what I think about them.

So what I get from this post and one of your previous ones, is that you've auditioned M-Audio and Energy but you prefer Sony, JBL and Bose because they had more bass...

Maybe you should be looking at either floorstanders or getting a subwoofer... Trying to get deep bass out of a tiny monitor is always going to be a challenge... (especially since you auditioned speakers like the M-Audio AV20 with its 2 inch mid/bass driver)...

SpankingVanillaice
11-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Well the bass was the most impressive part but overall sound was amazing too for it's size. Ya originaly I wanted the Bose MusicMonitor since they are soo compact and have full sound coming out of them. Well at first I didn't know how they sound but I just knew they would sound great since something that small and costs $400. But eather way I' am glad I found the Sonys that sound really close to the Bose but costed half the price of Bose.

SpankingVanillaice
11-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I know if I got floorstading speakers or subwoofer it will make tons of real low end bass but the reason why I get the Sony SRS-ZX1 instead is since I really beleve that this is soo amazing that such a small speaker can make soo much low end. I mean if I had just a paid of small speakers and a subwoofer that isn't really that special since it's like of cource it will make alot of bass since it's a big sub. But having bass coming out of a small speaker is amazing tech. My goal is not really to get the deepest bass out of any kind of big subwoofer but to get something that is soo small but is capable to making very low bass like the MusicMonitor or the SRS-ZX1. To me these small speakers are high tech and is like the future of speakers.

If you guys thought my goal was to get the fullest response sounds out of any speakers then that is not correct since what I wanted is to get the most sound out of very compact speakers. Yes I know that will be hard since it is hard to make small speakers to have real bass but the Sonys or the Bose are the best to make those low ends without needing huge speakers or a subwoofer.

audio amateur
11-13-2009, 04:18 AM
:sleep:

poppachubby
11-13-2009, 04:24 AM
I know if I got floorstading speakers or subwoofer it will make tons of real low end bass but the reason why I get the Sony SRS-ZX1 instead is since I really beleve that this is soo amazing that such a small speaker can make soo much low end. I mean if I had just a paid of small speakers and a subwoofer that isn't really that special since it's like of cource it will make alot of bass since it's a big sub. But having bass coming out of a small speaker is amazing tech. My goal is not really to get the deepest bass out of any kind of big subwoofer but to get something that is soo small but is capable to making very low bass like the MusicMonitor or the SRS-ZX1. To me these small speakers are high tech and is like the future of speakers.

If you guys thought my goal was to get the fullest response sounds out of any speakers then that is not correct since what I wanted is to get the most sound out of very compact speakers. Yes I know that will be hard since it is hard to make small speakers to have real bass but the Sonys or the Bose are the best to make those low ends without needing huge speakers or a subwoofer.

Dude, you sound like a good candidate for headphones.

markw
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
1) Small speakers may produce good bass "for their size" but compared to "real" speakers they will never produce real, satisfying bass. Since you've tried them all and you traded them all out because none of them satisfied you, perhaps it's time faced up to the fact that you need a bigger speaker.

Trying to find a small speaker that satisfies your appetite for bass is, like participating in one of your threads, an exercise in mental masturbation.

2) Since all your posts over the last five years seem to be focused on the bass these tiny speakers (don't) produce, you might want to re-read number one again. ...and again. ...and again.

3) Since you seen disappointed that nobody here was able to listen to and compare all the speakers on your list and offer you a detailed report, perhaps this isn't the site for you. Maybe another site would better meet your needs.

It may be time to move on.

Ajani
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
1) Small speakers may produce good bass "for their size" but compared to "real" speakers they will never produce real, satisfying bass. Since you've tried them all and you traded them all out because none of them satisfied you, perhaps it's time faced up to the fact that you need a bigger speaker.

Trying to find a small speaker that satisfies your appetite for bass is, like participating in one of your threads, an exercise in mental masturbation.

2) Since all your posts over the last five years seem to be focused on the bass these tiny speakers (don't) produce, you might want to re-read number one again. ...and again. ...and again.

3) Since you seen disappointed that nobody here was able to listen to and compare all the speakers on your list and offer you a detailed report, perhaps this isn't the site for you. Maybe another site would better meet your needs.

It may be time to move on.

SVI, I have to agree with Markw on this one... Trying to find good bass from ultra tiny speakers is a joke... maybe sometime in the distant future there will be many tiny speakers that sound like massive Floorstanders, but that is not the case today. Ultra tiny speakers today really just look cute and usually sound bad (compared to similarly priced normal sized speakers)... The Sony and Bose Speakers you keep comparing were rated 2.5 and 3 out of 5 stars by PC World... They were both felt to be disappointing sonically for the money... I have not heard either of them, but they both cost $400 and I'd be willing to bet that my M-Audio BX5a (also $400) sound far far far superior to them... The reason being that the M-Audio speakers are focused on producing the best sound for the price, whereas the Sony and Bose are aiming to be as small as possible.

Audiophiles generally either look to acquire the absolute best sound they can afford OR the best value for their money sonically... Trying to find the tiniest speakers with impressive bass (for their size) is not a goal that audiophiles have, and is the reason why we have been unable to help you... So just as you would not audition my M-Audio Speakers because they are not ultra-tiny, I would not go to a store to audition your Bose or Sony as my focus is on best sound for the money and not on ultra tiny size...

So if you really insist on discussing those type of speakers, you might seriously want to look for a site where you can find people who share your interest...

poppachubby
11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Ha, it's funny, the new speakers I picked up are bookshelf. They are on the big side for a bookshelf, but man oh man, the sound is awesome. Nice smooth tone, and the low end is great. Check the speaker section SVI.

Jimmy C
11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
...if SVI is for real... hee hee.

On one hand, if it's NOT legit, someone is going through an awful lotta work for very little payoff...

On the other, if it IS for real... no, no... can't be...

One of life's unsolved mysteries, I suppose... :^)