Yamaha CR-400 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha CR-400

thekid
10-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Found this little piece on CL. Pretty good shape and my first piece of older Yamaha gear.
Who knows where it will go but the price was right........:yesnod:

poppachubby
11-01-2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.dual-reference.com/Amps/cv5600.jpg

Looks good kid. Do you have any experience with Dual amps? I have on offer to me this model, looks pretty awesome. I need a push in either direction...it's a true Class A amp which really makes me want to buy it. I'm like you though, I already have too many. I also think that if I get it, I won't have a need for any others, this thing will dwarf them.

http://www.dual-reference.com/Amps/CV5600.htm

thekid
11-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Do you have any experience with Dual amps?

My experience with Dual has been limited to their TT's which are generally well regarded. My guess is that if this is a Class A amp it will do okay I am just not sure I'd pay top dollar for as compared to other other amps such as Adcom, Hafler etc.

I tried a web search for Dual amps and really could not come up with anything. Looking at your photo I searched for Audiophile Concept and got some hits for a couple of tuners and TT's that seem to date from the late 80's. My guess is that Dual must have tried to branch out with a mid to hi-fi line and this is an amp from that attempt. Maybe your seller can provide more info but the the lack of finding anything out there usually means 2 things; it is a extremely rare piece that not enough people owned or it was not a very good product and it faded into oblivion. Perhaps someone else here may know of it.

poppachubby
11-01-2009, 04:45 AM
My experience with Dual has been limited to their TT's which are generally well regarded. My guess is that if this is a Class A amp it will do okay I am just not sure I'd pay top dollar for as compared to other other amps such as Adcom, Hafler etc.

I tried a web search for Dual amps and really could not come up with anything. Looking at your photo I searched for Audiophile Concept and got some hits for a couple of tuners and TT's that seem to date from the late 80's. My guess is that Dual must have tried to branch out with a mid to hi-fi line and this is an amp from that attempt. Maybe your seller can provide more info but the the lack of finding anything out there usually means 2 things; it is a extremely rare piece that not enough people owned or it was not a very good product and it faded into oblivion. Perhaps someone else here may know of it.

Thanks for the reply kid. I'm quite certain this amp is a quality piece. Made by the original German Dual. Check this site for references in the future, but you're right, there's little out there about it. My vintage Citizen amp is the same story, according to the net, it's like it never existed. The Citizen is a super tough A/B, and the lack of info isn't a reflection of it's build.

http://dual-reference.com/